Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Vote for Hanover Fire Department, show your support for VA!

Old 05-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Man in the BOX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alice_in_Chains is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vote for Hanover Fire Department, show your support for VA!

Originally Posted by friend of a friend
Hello,

As you may know, my boyfriend Steven DeLuca is a volunteer firefighter with Station 10 of the Hanover County Fire Department. His station is a finalist in the Firedog Across America contest.

After reviewing 5,100 entries, his station was named one of the 10 finalists. They were honored for their work with Mark Southworth, who has Down's syndrome. I went to high school and worked with Mark at Ukrop's, and he is a very caring and special person. The station has allowed Mark to participate as an associate member of the station, and it has done wonders for everyone involved.

The reason I am writing is that between now and May 13th, you can vote for the finalist you like the best. Each of the first 250,000 votes cast
earns a $1 donation to that station, and the firehouse with the most votes receives an additional $100,000. The station has already received a $20,000 donation for becoming a finalist, which it will use towards equipping its new heavy rescue unit (which costs $400,000).

The link to vote for the station is attached. You can watch the short
video and read the essay to get a feel for the impact they've had on the community.

http://web.firedog.com/acrossamerica/finalist.aspx?fi=6

We are trying to get the word out to as many people as possible, so
after voting please show your support for this worthy cause and the Richmond community and forward this to your networks of friends and family.

All you have to do is click and vote for finalist #6! Thanks for your help.
Got this from a friend of mine that I used to work with, nationwide Firedog competition that one of Virginia's own has placed in the top 10. The finalist is determined by votes at the above link. Each vote is also $1 donated to the team that you voted for, the Hanover Fire Squad (Team #6) is hoping to get a new heavy rescue vehicle which is over $400,000.

You can vote with each of your emails, and a confirmation will be sent. Once you confirm your vote in the email message the vote will count.

Vote and post up, help VA get on the map!

Dan.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:09 PM
cizko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wastedfluid has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: Vote for Hanover Fire Department, show your support for VA!

received my vote.