Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Vday restaurant

Old 02-11-2007, 11:28 AM
ASE Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Vday restaurant

looking for a place to take my girlfriend for v-day and having problems coming up with something.. nice place, not looking to spend $150, but can dress up for. any suggestions?

not really picky on what type of food, as long as its nothing WAY out there.

somewhere in the richmond/chesterfiield area.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:52 AM
CIMSPORT

spnamnt has disabled reputation
Default Re: Vday restaurant

anything nice will be over $150
Old 02-11-2007, 12:04 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

im talking like maggiano's, kabutos.. ect?

melting pot is looking like its going to be it, but thats $140 for two people if you get their vday thing...
Old 02-11-2007, 12:10 PM
CIMSPORT

spnamnt has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by onepointone
im talking like maggiano's, kabutos.. ect?

melting pot is looking like its going to be it, but thats $140 for two people if you get their vday thing...
yea maggianos is nice, or The cheesecake Factory. forgot about those. lol
Old 02-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Shut the Fuck Up!

IanR is a jewel in the roughIanR is a jewel in the roughIanR is a jewel in the rough

Blah, I hate chain restaurants...

Find a nice little place that has character for special occasions...Cheesecake Factory is just for a nice date...not a special night.

I wish I knew more places in the RVA area so I could give my 2 cents...Maybe something in carytown?

I also like that place Strawberry Street Cafe...it's not bad
Old 02-11-2007, 01:43 PM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS

i really liked impanema grille. food was awesome and different, all kinds of new stuff to try, affordable, service was great.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Ruth's Chris

There is also a decent restaraunt called the Copper Grill Lobster and Steakhouse at the Short Pump Mall right across from the Funny Bone

Last edited by Woodrow; 02-11-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

I agree with Copper Grill...great service and food.

There's Halfway House (near Jeff Davis & 288), Howlett's Restaurant and Tavern (Iron Bridge and Beach) Milepost 5 and Crab Louie's (both in Sycamore Square). And of course there's The Tobacco Company.

There are plenty more good local restaurants...that's just what I can think of off the top of my head.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

haven't gotten to go yet but i've been wanting to go to Acapella for a long time, looks really nice, my mom used to work with the owner who was one of pasta luna's top chefs

its a nice italian/german restaurant in church hill with a pub sort in the space beneath... i haven't been so i can't vouche for the food there but i went to their deli in the west end and thought the sandwhich was one of the best i've ever had... it should be a nice unique place to eat with out having to deal with 500 other people like you would at a chain restaurant, although i imagine for valentines you might still want to make a reservation... in fact i think i might finally go ahead and try them out for vday myself

you can view the menu and prices online, looks like appetizer, salads, entree and wine or desert would be less than $100 for you both
http://acappellaonthehill.com/index.html

i'd stay away from anything at or near a mall, they are all gonna be nutty that day
Old 02-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Registered Member

Trookie is an unknown quantity at this point

Havana 59, Europa, and Old City Bar are good. All 3 are in The Bottom. I've also passed by TwentySeven a few times. Looks very nice and swanky inside. Might be worth checking out.

Don't go to a lame chain restaurant!

Quick Reply: Vday restaurant