Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

VCU Students - Ideas for non-business electives

Old 06-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GripSpec has disabled reputation
Default VCU Students - Ideas for non-business electives

I'm transfering to VCU in the fall and I have a bunch of non-business electives that I need to fill. I have it down to two more classes that I need to figure out. Any ideas on stuff that you have taken that wasn't overly difficult? The advisor that I had today was not the best of help ( transfer orientation, lots of students, not much time) so I'm just trying to get some first hand ideas.

Knowing the typical dragva responses, cockblocking 101, milfhunting 243, and rimjobing 301 are all already filled up.

Last edited by GripSpec; 07-01-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Fuck Bitches, Get $$

rydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud of
Default Re: VCU Students - Ideas for non-business electives

I just graduated in 3 years and had to take a few non-business electives. I'm assuming you're a business major?

For your "art" elective, take Music Appreciation. It's crazy easy but you do have to actually go to class, and go to a few concerts (like jazz recitals, which is kinda cool anyway). Then you write a BS paper and get an A.

Other than that, I took Anthropology with Yezbick, pretty cool teacher. I'll try and get back with you for more classes. I'm tired and my last 2 semesters were all senior level business classes so its hard to remember. I still have all my books too if you need to buy any cheaper, or rent them. I never returned them.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:00 PM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

any history class with professor auerbach or donnelly. great guys, chill, pretty easy if you can handle a fair amount of reading and essay-based exams. definitely a class to take for history buffs and nerds, but still very fun and enjoyable for those who find world history boring.

speech 121 is a required course for most majors, but if it's not required for you, i recommend it. usually taught by a theater grad student. i had a really cute redhead that was only 3 years older than me.

arth270/1 [history of the motion picture] is fun. you watch very old movies, some very cool like "nanook of the north" and "the count of cagliostro", then take multiple choice exams for which the professor will usually provide a study guide. i slept through most of the class and just used wikipedia for the study guide. ended up with a 95.

any 100-level course should be easy enough to sleep through. poli sci classes can be fun depending on the professor (some assign multiple 10+ page papers). and the info 160-series are short-bus special easy classes. intro to windows, excel, powerpoint, etc. it just costs money to take ($50 registration fee for online "resources" that is required including the books).

the best tool for looking up classes is pickaprofessor.com. if a professor is truly terrible or terrific, then someone has more than likely posted a comment about them.

EDIT: the last i heard, they got rid of the music appreciation class. or that it just wasn't available during my last two semesters.

and i know this is going to sound terrible, but african-american history is supposed to have a massive grading curve. apparently, a friend of mine took the class and was 10 of 100 people to score over a 70 on an essay exam because, in the professor's words "the majority of the class could not write coherent and complete sentences".

Last edited by Kim Jong Illin'; 06-30-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:30 AM
Fuck Bitches, Get $$

rydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RheeRS
speech 121 is a required course for most majors

arth270/1 [history of the motion picture] is fun.
Co-sign on both of these but odds are Arth270 is already filled...it fills up faster than any other class lol.

And speech 121 was required the semester i took it, then not required the next lol. Go figure. But i had a huge black lady who did the voice of Thorhammer in Halo. She was mad cool.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:38 AM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

motion pictures does fill fast, but at least they offer multiple sections and people drop.

i would have graduated a year earlier if they had more than one section of adv cost accounting per year. and none of those fuckers ever drop.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:39 AM
Stuff n Stuff

240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee

Yea, I still need to get my classes together, turns out I need 5 upper level classes of anything, hahahahaha.

So I need to go browsing.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

Which electives do you need specifically? If you need a fine arts class I also recommend ARTH270 History of the Motion Picture.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Stuff n Stuff

240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee

Godamit, I wish that was a upper level class, sounds like a shit ton of fun
Old 07-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Registered member

GripSpec has disabled reputation

Thanks so much for the suggestions. Ive heard that the motion picture class is great, but it was all filled up. This is my current schedule as it sits right now. the two at the bottom are the ones in question. Both are completely replaceable and can be replaced with anything non business because my major is finance. I'm not really sure what to expect from the philosophy class. has anyone had phil 101 at vcu?

PRIN OF ECON - MICRO - ECON 210 - 005

WRITING & RHETORIC WORKSHOP II - ENGL 200 - 001

BUSINESS STATISTICS I - MGMT 301 - 002

*INTRODUCTION TO PHILOSOPHY - PHIL 101 - 902
*SURVEY OF WESTERN ART - ARTH 103 - 005
Old 07-01-2008, 10:31 AM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp

Dont take survey of western art, I'm an art major and so I had to take 2 semesters of it and it was so dry and boring that I was constantly fighting to want to pay attention and study for the tests. I love history and I love art even more, but how those classes were structured I just couldn't take it.

Quick Reply: VCU Students - Ideas for non-business electives