Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

VCU parking deck recommendation

Old 11-29-2007, 12:28 PM
jar
It's like that

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jar is on a distinguished road
Default VCU parking deck recommendation

As you guys probably know, decals go on sale Dec. 3 at 8am. This will be the first semester I may have to drive on days I'm too lazy to ride my bike or the weather is bad. What's the best deck to get into?

Last edited by jar; 11-29-2007 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default Re: VCU parking deck recommendation

Cary. I dont remember if they was more then 1 "cary" deck, but I'm speaking of the relatively new one at the corner of Cary and Harrison.

Hands down.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Shut the Fuck Up!

IanR is a jewel in the roughIanR is a jewel in the roughIanR is a jewel in the rough

Main St deck is cool

Cary St deck is bigger but usually not as convenient IMO
Old 11-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Registered Member

Suprajjang is an unknown quantity at this point

cary st has bigger parking spots but getting out the deck took so long when classes would just get out. Main st deck is great but expect to get dings and dents because the parking spots are really narrow. I just park on the corner spots or the 4th floor because people tend to try to park on the first 2 floors.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:21 PM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

you're going to need to wake up early and get on that website before 8am if you really want to get a main or cary st pass. usually both of them are sold out within 30 minutes.

and main st is full of idiots who do not know how to park or have any courtesy for other people's cars. my doors were fucking ruined after a semester of parking there.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:56 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Kevin and I used to use the buddy system in the main street deck, but that shit was back when we both had really ugly mustangs anyway. What buildings are most of your classes in?
Old 11-30-2007, 05:42 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Originally Posted by Suprajjang
cary st has bigger parking spots but getting out the deck took so long when classes would just get out. Main st deck is great but expect to get dings and dents because the parking spots are really narrow. I just park on the corner spots or the 4th floor because people tend to try to park on the first 2 floors.
Knowing jar's cars...this is why I said Cary Street. I drove my Saleen many times and parked it in the Cary St. deck without even being near anyone, no dings, no dents, no problems. And it doesnt really take that much longer to get out...it's actually easier to navigate when there are tons of people instead of having people come down two different ramps in the Main St. deck.

Plus, once you get out onto the street you can get the fuck out of the VCU area faster if coming out of the Cary deck instead of getting stuck right in the middle of Main St.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:50 AM
In TATTRAT we trust

BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE

Jar will killa bitch over a ding/dent
Old 11-30-2007, 05:52 AM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

cary street deck is the best. the spaces are wider there. main street deck is convenient but the size of the parking spaces are smaller. but when i did have a decal at main street deck i always parked on the top deck. usually it wasn't full to the point the top deck was full so most of the time no one parked next to me
Old 11-30-2007, 05:59 AM
Mazdaspeed 6

Smoker6 has disabled reputation

I parked on cary my first semester and liked it, though it was a bit out of the way. I missed my chance for this semester by getting on an hour later, and all that was left was Broad. This was fine with me because I actually had classes around there anyway, and I definitely didn't want Main (I've heard horror stories).
Broad's deck is a bit tight, but I always park on the 6th floor and there is always plenty of space up there. More often than not I have a free space to either side of me, and I've had no trouble. That's where I saw the yellow lambo murcielago, and a bunch of other nice cars park there.

Quick Reply: VCU parking deck recommendation