Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

VCU Car Club/Roll Call?

Old 10-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Jump In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
integra-t has disabled reputation
Default VCU Car Club/Roll Call?

Before you flame me, I must say that I DID do a search prior to making this thread. There are plenty of roll calls, but no threads regarding car clubs to my knowledge.

It is surprising to see that many colleges/universities I have visited take pride in having a car club. In many of my visits to other schools, seeing the student's cars (and even the professor's cars) was one of the most enjoyable and interesting parts of my trip. I just find that a group of RESPONSIBLE car enthusiasts relays off a positive vibe to others. Passion for automobiles is something that brings us together; whether you like cars or not, a car show is always a memorable experience.

This being said, I have to throw my question out there. Why can't we have this sense of community at VCU? I see many VADriven members' cars driving daily, and it seems we never come together as a group unless there is an occasional meet. In my opinion, if we were to have a car club, Richmond might not seem so dead at times.

Of course, we would have to discriminate against those who crave attention and want to rev their weedwacker motor, but that is the case anywhere.

I'm not sure if there has been a failed attempt a putting together a Central VA/VCU/Richmond car club before, but it seemed worthy of a shot. The way I see it, only positive things could come out of this (i.e. more car saavy friends, group rides, group photoshoots, something to do on a boring night, more friends in general) and more importantly seeing what Central VA car culture has to offer!

Richmond and Central in general has been judged as the least pleasant spot on the forums. Why is this? We have either more or just as much to offer as other places do. Why not at least try to give this a go?

Regardless of the outcome of this thread, I enjoy RVA and seeing you guys riding around in your cars! I just wish there was a less awkward way of meeting others interested in the car scene....

Cheers,
-Colin
Old 10-21-2008, 07:49 AM
iHRTboost

t24todd has disabled reputation
Default Re: VCU Car Club/Roll Call?

im over at bland like 20 min from vcu..i have a built fc3s t2 but soccer takes up most of my time..i kno us rotory boys do our own meet up in richmond lik every other friday..hope this thread takes off..count me in a couple times for a meet up
Old 10-21-2008, 08:13 AM
Driven by Aggression

Quigs Quigs Quigs Quigs Quigs Quigs Quigs Quigs Quigs Quigs Quigs

I'd be down for a meet around VCU. I see plenty of clean cars around campus.

It's just unfortunate that any meet that takes place in Richmond is overrun with people who don't respect the community within a month. Then we get complaints of people revving, doing burnouts, etc because these people aren't generally interested in cars and the culture like we are.

I say let's give it a shot. I'm game for showing up somewhere.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

Apotheosis is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm definitely down for something like this. I see nice cars ride past me as I'm walking around campus all the time and I think to myself "I really wanna talk to that person about their car and/or other car related stuff." haha

Not having very many car savvy friends kinda sucks because then you don't have anyone to discuss car related things with

Last edited by Apotheosis; 10-21-2008 at 08:28 AM. Reason: misspelled words
Old 10-21-2008, 08:32 AM
Pho King

legacyspecb will become famous soon enough

im down if we can get this ball rolling
Old 10-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Registered Member

Show Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond repute

If this actually works out, i'm down.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:11 AM
make 'em say unhhhh

ikiyu has disabled reputation

pho king!! yeah ill be down...for pho...and mayb this meet.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

and I thought I was the only one addicted to Pho around here. haha
Old 10-21-2008, 09:52 AM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

Originally Posted by legacyspecb
im down if we can get this ball rolling
i know teddy loves pho.

and my boss' wife just took me out on a 2-hour lunch break just to get some pho.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Jump In

integra-t has disabled reputation

There are idiots who ruin things for everyone everywhere, which is why you give them a verbal backhand and the boot from a meet they are potentially going to ruin.

I made this thread with the intention of not only setting up meets (which has been tried many times by various Central members), but also in order to meet people interested and active in motoring. Think about it, there are bikes at Hess every night on Broad, various cars that are sweet that we see around campus, and all of the other cars that you may spot around the Richmond area.

What is stopping us from coming together as a whole? If we were to combine all of the small gatherings into one, large gathering, it would be worth a shit to come out and see whats new. This way, we could all become accustomed to one another and meet one another, and then it wouldn't be so awkward.

Last but not least, why doesn't VCU have a car club? At Virginia Tech, they have one of the best I've seen. Of course, there are Lambo's and 700 hp Supras in their group, but there are also everyday cars and people too. VCU has the potential, we just need to find a way to take advanage of it...

Quick Reply: VCU Car Club/Roll Call?