Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Transaxle / Transmission Shops?

Old 11-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Owe 'bama Care

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT
Default Transaxle / Transmission Shops?

Can anyone recommend a shop to rebuild a manual transaxle? The closer to Powhatan the better.

Please and Thank You.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:10 PM
TERMIN8

ThroatyStang has disabled reputation
Default Re: Transaxle / Transmission Shops?

Jewish Dodge Brothers? I see the star of David, haha...
Whats wrong did you blow your tranny or snap a axle? Pretty much any place you go you are going to get assraped. I always get my flywheels resurfased at Jims, not sure if he does manual trannys but I bet he could recommend someone good though, give them a call EXTREMLY nice people to work w/.

Jim's Automatic Transmission
11800 Murray Olds CT
Midlothian, VA 23114
(804) 594-7257

http://www.google.com/maps

Last edited by ThroatyStang; 11-28-2006 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Owe 'bama Care

BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT

The use of the Star of David in the Dodge Brothers logo goes back to 1914 and the first Dodge Brothers car built. It was last used on the 1938 Dodge.

At the time the emblem was selected (most likely 1912-1914) it's likely that the Dodge brothers were unaware of its use in Judiasm. In fact, at this time, that symbol was not used universally in this context.

They are two interlocking Greek letter "deltas" or "Ds" for the two Dodge brothers.

Now, with the history lesson out of the way.

I don't think the tranny is blown, I think it is a bent shift fork. I can shift through and select gears, but if you let off the clutch while in neutral you
can hear a whirring noise like a spun throw-out bearing but the car is trying to go in gear and stall out. So i don't know, maybe shift fork or maybe something more.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:32 AM
TERMIN8

ThroatyStang has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BluestedSRT
The use of the Star of David in the Dodge Brothers logo goes back to 1914 and the first Dodge Brothers car built. It was last used on the 1938 Dodge.

At the time the emblem was selected (most likely 1912-1914) it's likely that the Dodge brothers were unaware of its use in Judiasm. In fact, at this time, that symbol was not used universally in this context.

They are two interlocking Greek letter "deltas" or "Ds" for the two Dodge brothers.

Now, with the history lesson out of the way.

I don't think the tranny is blown, I think it is a bent shift fork. I can shift through and select gears, but if you let off the clutch while in neutral you
can hear a whirring noise like a spun throw-out bearing but the car is trying to go in gear and stall out. So i don't know, maybe shift fork or maybe something more.
Thats cool. I dont know about the bent shift fork, majority of the time the shift fork will break before it would bend; thats what ive been told by every transmission shop because I am the king of blowing T-5's (If anyone needs a T-5 Blown bring it to me ; I hate fucking T-5's). But every car is different, prolly is your synchronizers though. Did you give them a call?
Old 11-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

i'll fix it!!!

Old 11-29-2006, 10:06 AM
Owe 'bama Care

Originally Posted by ThroatyStang
Thats cool. I dont know about the bent shift fork, majority of the time the shift fork will break before it would bend; thats what ive been told by every transmission shop because I am the king of blowing T-5's (If anyone needs a T-5 Blown bring it to me ; I hate fucking T-5's). But every car is different, prolly is your synchronizers though. Did you give them a call?
I haven't called yet but I will. The shift forks in NVG t-850 are made of Brass.

Jen, If I hade a shop with a lift or a pit, I could fix it. also if I wasn't so lazy
Old 11-29-2006, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

^oh well in that case...STOP BEING LAZY
Old 11-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Owe 'bama Care

Originally Posted by jentegraGS-R
^oh well in that case...STOP BEING LAZY
Loan me some of your energy, you seem to have a few extra gigajoules laying around.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:44 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by BluestedSRT
Loan me some of your energy, you seem to have a few extra gigajoules laying around.
hahah

BTW I just assumed you were a jew
Old 12-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Owe 'bama Care

Originally Posted by RHD Soarer
hahah

BTW I just assumed you were a jew
Did you really? You know I love pork, KubaKuba's cubanaso roast pork sammich...Mmmmmm

Quick Reply: Transaxle / Transmission Shops?