Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Timing belt change?

Old 02-22-2011, 04:03 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dojoboi24 has disabled reputation
Default Timing belt change?

Where would be a good place to get my belt changed in the Richmond/Glen Allen area

Last edited by Dojoboi24; 02-23-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:55 AM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Timing belt change?

Do it yourself.Mimimum experience is needed to do this and its only a 2-3 hour job. Don't forget to go ahead and change your waterpump while the timing belt is off.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

If i should do it myself, where should i buy or what brand should the belt and waterpump be, i don't want some offbrand belt that has a limit of like 60,000 miles, and where should i go to learn the diy change
Old 02-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

5literbeater has disabled reputation

^get an oem belt then^
Old 02-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Not Yet

markj has disabled reputation

ill do it pm me
Old 02-23-2011, 01:22 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

If someone is asking where to have their timing belt done, telling them to do it themselves is BAD advice.

There's a reason someone is asking, because they don't know how to do it themselves. A timing belt is not a beginner's job and most people that think they know how to do them properly, do them wrong. 90% of timing belt jobs I do are fixing someone else's incorrect job, or fixing a problem caused by an incorrectly installed timing belt.

That said there's a very readable shop list at the top of the forum, I believe minimal literacy skills are required to read it.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

Thank you that was a great answer
Old 02-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

It was also the correct one.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:02 AM
Registered Member

laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts

Lemme tell you a story.

It was 2000, Osma was stilling in the planning phase and I had my first Plymouth Laser RS. About 2 weeks before I was supposed to be PCS'd to Germany, my Laser started to run like crap. The car had maybe 10% of it's power. It drove like a lawn mower. So I took my car to a shop, they changed a whole bunch a crap out in my car charged me like $400 and it didn't even fix the car. In fact, the took off performance parts with a warranty still on it and "threw them away" so they couldn't even give them back.

From that day forth, I decided they I'd do my own work. I made some BIIIIG mistakes but now some 11 years later. I can do anything that doesn't require machining.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:30 AM
Registered Member

Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost

Originally Posted by laserspeeddemon
Lemme tell you a story.

It was 2000, Osma was stilling in the planning phase and I had my first Plymouth Laser RS. ...
I have no idea what you are trying to say here...

Quick Reply: Timing belt change?