Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Time-serts/Gardserts/Helicoil kits??

Old 09-28-2009, 01:22 PM
:Uses Ninja-Focus:

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath
Default Time-serts/Gardserts/Helicoil kits??

So 2 of the 3 motor mount bolts holes are stripped and the 3rd has one broken off inside.. Anyone know where i can buy a re-thread kit around here? I need one ASAP... Adrenaline will do it for $200 if i bring the block to them but I'm looking to save money and its my daily so don't have the time to pull the motor..

-Thanks.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:29 PM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS
Default Re: Time-serts/Gardserts/Helicoil kits??

fastenal
Old 09-28-2009, 02:13 PM
1-877-TURBOKT

AdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JDMtoDeath
So 2 of the 3 motor mount bolts holes are stripped and the 3rd has one broken off inside.. Anyone know where i can buy a re-thread kit around here? I need one ASAP... Adrenaline will do it for $200 if i bring the block to them but I'm looking to save money and its my daily so don't have the time to pull the motor..

-Thanks.
Hey, you spoke to me earlier. NAPA or Advanced will have helicoils. We use TimeSerts but you won't be able to do it with everything else in the kit, if we just gave you the Serts themselves.

And Honestly, good luck trying to do it right without pulling it. It's gonna be a tight squeeze to do it right.

Let me know, if you want us to do the timeserts, if your unable to find another way.

Fastenal doesn't stock timeserts, last time I called. But worth a try.

Pip
Old 09-28-2009, 02:36 PM

JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath

Originally Posted by AdrenalineAuto
Hey, you spoke to me earlier. NAPA or Advanced will have helicoils. We use TimeSerts but you won't be able to do it with everything else in the kit, if we just gave you the Serts themselves.

And Honestly, good luck trying to do it right without pulling it. It's gonna be a tight squeeze to do it right.

Let me know, if you want us to do the timeserts, if your unable to find another way.

Fastenal doesn't stock timeserts, last time I called. But worth a try.

Pip
Thanks for your help Pip, Time serts is def. the way I wanna go or Gardserts.. just like i said dont have the funds or time to pull the motor all the way out.. i have plenty of clearance to get to the holes with it on the engine hoist and the mount removed and Fastenal is supposedly a dealer for Timesert, so they should have the kits or at least be able to get them without me ordering them myself and paying the shipping.. worst comes to worst i'll go with shit-coils till the end of next week and just drop the car off with you guys. I'll be in touch.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:08 PM
N2OWNED

99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula

I PROMISE you it will cost you more than Adrenaline's offer if you do it yourself. You have to buy the whole kit from Fastenall to do it right, then you might screw that up. If it's screwed up, you may tear more shit up when the repair decides to let loose.... Unless you are 100% confident in your skills (not 90%, not 95%, not 99.9%) just drop it off with Adrenaline, spend the $500 or $600 bucks for them to pull the engine and repair it correctly, and never worry about it again....
Old 09-28-2009, 04:20 PM
1-877-TURBOKT

AdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 99formula
I PROMISE you it will cost you more than Adrenaline's offer if you do it yourself. You have to buy the whole kit from Fastenall to do it right, then you might screw that up. If it's screwed up, you may tear more shit up when the repair decides to let loose.... Unless you are 100% confident in your skills (not 90%, not 95%, not 99.9%) just drop it off with Adrenaline, spend the $500 or $600 bucks for them to pull the engine and repair it correctly, and never worry about it again....
You are absolutely right about the kit, and fastenal doesn't stock them, already been down that road. Now have both the master sets in the shop.

And honestly, just to help you out, I will tell the guys to pull the motor, and fix it for $600. Just because I see this going wrong. Not doubting your mechanical knowledge in any way. It's just not the easiest task to do right.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by AdrenalineAuto
You are absolutely right about the kit, and fastenal doesn't stock them, already been down that road. Now have both the master sets in the shop.

And honestly, just to help you out, I will tell the guys to pull the motor, and fix it for $600. Just because I see this going wrong. Not doubting your mechanical knowledge in any way. It's just not the easiest task to do right.
I hear that.. man i just can't believe such a little problem is going to cost me so much, and has been such a pain in the ass. lesson learned in over-looking a trade.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Registered member

Acrytet70 has disabled reputation

Timesert is the way to go.. let Adrenaline do it and spare the cost of the kit. I had the head stud holes on my sleeved block done with timeserts and they are great!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

driskill has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Acrytet70
Timesert is the way to go.. let Adrenaline do it and spare the cost of the kit. I had the head stud holes on my sleeved block done with timeserts and they are great!
Moe, are you back on Virginia soil?
Old 09-29-2009, 04:49 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

You'd have the motor out by now if you started pulling it when you posted the thread.

Quick Reply: Time-serts/Gardserts/Helicoil kits??