Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Tagline, read it and weep...

Old 03-13-2005, 07:56 PM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Post Tagline, read it and weep...

Yes, the car is for sale. I rarely drive it anymore and it is begging for a twin turbo setup that I can not financially provide in the forseeable future. Maybe someone else can add to this setup for this year's race season.

Prefer local sale rather than statewide ad as a few local guys who have seen it have inquired about taking it on as a future project if the engine became available. This engine is one of three custom made for a racing company that defaulted on payments and never installed them. The other two were sold off and supercharged in track-only cars. This is the only one that remains naturally aspirated and tuned by Jerry for street driveability.

Performance parts and upgrades far too numerous to list. Have the receipts for your inspection. About the only parts left stock were the body and interior. All suspension, engine, and driveline parts are aftermarket.

Serious inquiries only. Again-- Serious inquiries only (this means the car has no asking price, and if you have to ask, you shouldn't).
Old 03-14-2005, 07:41 AM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune
Default Re: Tagline, read it and weep...

Originally Posted by Not Stock
Yes, the car is for sale. I rarely drive it anymore and it is begging for a twin turbo setup that I can not financially provide in the forseeable future. Maybe someone else can add to this setup for this year's race season.

Prefer local sale rather than statewide ad as a few local guys who have seen it have inquired about taking it on as a future project if the engine became available. This engine is one of three custom made for a racing company that defaulted on payments and never installed them. The other two were sold off and supercharged in track-only cars. This is the only one that remains naturally aspirated and tuned by Jerry for street driveability.

Performance parts and upgrades far too numerous to list. Have the receipts for your inspection. About the only parts left stock were the body and interior. All suspension, engine, and driveline parts are aftermarket.

Serious inquiries only. Again-- Serious inquiries only (this means the car has no asking price, and if you have to ask, you shouldn't).
so we should magically know what the asking price is in our heads?
Old 03-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by chapter8
so we should magically know what the asking price is in our heads?
You OBVIOUSLY don't have enough money to buy the car since you don't know what it's worth.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by Chris4130
You OBVIOUSLY don't have enough money to buy the car since you don't know what it's worth.
I dunno man, I just never saw somebody take that approach when they are selling something
Old 03-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

zx12guy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm guessing 10k ish. Would sell quicker with an asking price.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

What's so magical about the motor?

Is it similar to this one? Both are 318 C.U motors.
http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/...ngblocks.shtml
part# 82700
Old 03-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Woodrow
What's so magical about the motor?

Is it similar to this one? Both are 318 C.U motors.
http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/...ngblocks.shtml
part# 82700
Being a 97 cobra owner what's your guess at the price?
Old 03-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by zx12guy
Being a 97 cobra owner what's your guess at the price?
Chris..Not the amount the asker would want.
I would say 10-11k tops, but I am not on the market. Granted the body and interior is in good shape(been a while since I sat in it) However all the mods in the world doesn't increase it's value, but the buyer also needs to know when you buy a car like this(due to the mods and the fact the motor is a built 99 cobra motor not a 97) it can be a painstaking project.

Hopefully he finds a buyer for it.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Registered Member

Audio18 has much to be proud ofAudio18 has much to be proud ofAudio18 has much to be proud ofAudio18 has much to be proud ofAudio18 has much to be proud ofAudio18 has much to be proud ofAudio18 has much to be proud ofAudio18 has much to be proud ofAudio18 has much to be proud ofAudio18 has much to be proud ofAudio18 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by zx12guy
I'm guessing 10k ish. Would sell quicker with an asking price.
I agree, this sounds about right.

If you don't want to ask a price, then auction the thing off.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Chris..Not the amount the asker would want.
I would say 10-11k tops, but I am not on the market. Granted the body and interior is in good shape(been a while since I sat in it) However all the mods in the world doesn't increase it's value, but the buyer also needs to know when you buy a car like this(due to the mods and the fact the motor is a built 99 cobra motor not a 97) it can be a painstaking project.
My thoughts exactly. If he asks much more for it he will be getting close to Terminator territory.

Quick Reply: Tagline, read it and weep...