Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Stupid ticket question time: no front plate

Old 10-22-2008, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stupid ticket question time: no front plate

Got my first ticket for not having my front plate on, ironically 10 minutes after getting my license renewed late. This is in Henrico County, and I'm wondering if this is just a "fix-it" ticket, or will I have to pay it in full. If it is a "fix-it" ticket, what will I have to bring in to prove its fixed? Photographic evidence, or will the officer have to go out and inspect it?

Sorry for the stupid question, but I searched and didn't find any specific info on the subject. And I know sometimes Henrico can be tricky with their tickets.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default Re: Stupid ticket question time: no front plate

You are either going to take time away from class/work to go to court, show that you "fixed it" with a pic and probably only pay court costs ($59 in Henrico now?) or you will have to just pre-pay it and say fuck the police and keep your tag off the front of the car. There is a slight chance they'll drop it entirely, but I havent seen that happen lately. The county is hard up for some coin as is everyone.

If the county is handing out no front plate tickets, they are getting desperate. Thats usually something only a State Trooper would care about enough to write. Sucks.

I've done both, several times. The man will always win in the end.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Registered Member

shaban shaban shaban shaban shaban shaban shaban shaban shaban shaban

just a couple weeks ago, i was pulled over and the cop goes "alright i'm giving you three tickets, one for your exhaust, one for your registration being expired (one month), and another for no possession of your registration. and i'll give you a break and not give you a ticket for your front plate not being mounted"

and before that, he took my license, noticed my arab name and said "do you have any bombs, weapons, or drugs on you?"
Old 10-23-2008, 04:33 AM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

Originally Posted by FlimFlam
You are either going to take time away from class/work to go to court, show that you "fixed it" with a pic and probably only pay court costs ($59 in Henrico now?) or you will have to just pre-pay it and say fuck the police and keep your tag off the front of the car. There is a slight chance they'll drop it entirely, but I havent seen that happen lately. The county is hard up for some coin as is everyone.
Yeah, I used to get let off when I would show them a pic of the plate mounted, but last time they got me in Henrico they straight up made me pay for the ticket and court cost, like $32 for the ticket and $50 for the court cost, $82 total. I used to not really care if it was only like $30, but I'm not paying $82 again.

Last edited by STi_FTMFW; 10-23-2008 at 05:19 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:48 AM
In TATTRAT we trust

BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE

Just pay it. Not worth the trouble of going to court to show you now have it mounted. Then either mount the plate and follow the law or don't and risk getting another ticket.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:58 AM
teamULTRASPEED

C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312

If you have the time, I would go to court and show that it's mounted. No sense in paying a fine when it could be dropped. I just showed a picture of it attached, and Chesapeake officer dropped it.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:05 AM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS

Originally Posted by shaban

and before that, he took my license, noticed my arab name and said "do you have any bombs, weapons, or drugs on you?"
they always say that man.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:07 AM
VR6 > VTEC

Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls

just pay that shit and mount the plate. i got one earlier this year and it ended up being like 80 bucks anyways.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Registered Member

shaban shaban shaban shaban shaban shaban shaban shaban shaban shaban

Originally Posted by ...rallyred
they always say that man.
it's hard to notice sarcasm over the interwebz, sorry
Old 10-23-2008, 11:15 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

I got an expired registration ticket. I got my reg, went to court, i didnt have to pay diddily.

Quick Reply: Stupid ticket question time: no front plate