Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Spare parts?

Old 09-12-2003, 12:00 PM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Spare parts?

Was searching around for a small hard drive for a friend. Ended up finding a new 160 gig drive next to a fake tree downstairs behind a chair. Hmm. Maybe I need to clean a bit more.

May have to make a list of spare computer parts and put them online for people to grab. While I'm at it, have approx 50 computer monitors sitting on my trailer in Maryland. Want the trailer back, not the monitors. $15/ea for VGA (800x600 resolution), $20/ea for SVGA (1024x768). There are some old skool WYSE terminals (free, uses RS232 ports) as well.

Posting this in Central cause I'm only hauling the crap once from Maryland then ya'll can pick up the stuff.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:13 PM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

i need that hard drive, u know that lol. Give me a price and I will take it. Also u have any flat screen moniters, cuz I dont like the one I have. also what size are they??

I also need a faster proccesser, and I am pretty sure I am covers on ram at the moment.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:30 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

The 160 gig drive is Ultra ATA 133 (need to upgrade your motherboard or use an adapter card) and is $105.

I don't use flat screen monitors, since they are so overpriced and I see the flicker. My dual 19" monitors at home run at 115 Hz (refresh rate). Check CompUSA this weekend and also Best Buy. Recommend 19" tube instead of flat screen LCD. Good price point between cheapie 17" and overpriced 21".

Shipping on monitors gets expensive, not for the weight, but for the insurance. Becky may be able to respond as to UPS treatment of shipped items.

You're processor is pretty fast. Upgrade the processor, motherboard, and memory (faster kind) at the same time. You can reuse the hard drive, cd-rom, case, etc.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:35 PM

HondaCrusher has disabled reputation

what size are the SVGA monitors?
Old 09-12-2003, 01:40 PM
superuser

15" monitors. Assorted makes/models. Most made between 1995-1997. Working system pulls purchased from a dot-bomb liquidator. Have some 14" VGAs. Nothing 17" (anymore).
Old 09-12-2003, 01:57 PM
DILLIGAF?

BadBeck is an unknown quantity at this point

hey hey hey ups isnt that bad with packages. i never saw any busted puter' stuff. not everyone there's a dick about package treatment. if there were that many damages they'd be out of business. c'mon now rich makin me look bad
Old 09-12-2003, 02:06 PM
boys are stupid

SEVENSEVENTYZ has disabled reputation

Originally posted by BadBeck
hey hey hey ups isnt that bad with packages.
They'll fix it if it breaks

Last edited by SEVENSEVENTYZ; 09-12-2003 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:31 PM
MR2D2

xbeakerx is an unknown quantity at this point

do you have any motherboards and cases??? i need a faster system... i have a 500 amd k6-2...
Old 09-12-2003, 02:44 PM
superuser

I dumped 4 cases this weekend for $12 (one had a P-90 in it). All cases are gone.

I run very slow systems here except 2 fast ones. Check www.compgeeks.com for some non-fastest motherboard/processor combos on the cheap-cheap.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:49 PM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

so rich, if I get that 160 gig hard drive, what else should I get along with it?? and can you get them cheaper and I will see about getting everything at once and upgrading it all.
Hell you prob know more about my comp. then me now lol. So you prob know what I need and what I dont. I know I need alot more space cuz I have alot of programs and more that need to go on.

Quick Reply: Spare parts?