Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

shop.... is there one?

Old 12-22-2004, 06:40 PM
semicolonD.net

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eclpsed eclpsed
Default shop.... is there one?

need a clutch, and maybe even a whole tranny installed in my gf's 99 GSX. she's had a few problems with it.. and it's gone to the mistu dealer on broad st. over n over for the same problem, that they 'fixed' the 1st time. hah. well... the car wont even run now, from what i was told (i havnt been to the car myself yet) the car wont go into gear, it jus grinds when you try to get it in gear. i know the clutch has been slipping and we got a new one for the car just didnt have it installed yet, so maybe that is all the car needs? i dunno, i dont have the time/lift/tools etc to check it out.

anyone know a shop in the westend who knows alittle about DSMs, and can check out the car?

car info: 1999 eclipse GSX, 5spd(duh)
Old 12-22-2004, 07:04 PM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all
Default Re: shop.... is there one?

Call Jeff at Delta V Motorsports. Good guy,works on WRX's,DSM's..pretty much alot of turbo cars. His shop is off Boulevard across from the Ducati Motorcycle dealership and carwash. He has all the european cars in the parking lot. He is a good guy and will help you out.

Old 12-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

I 2nd Delta V.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by eclpsed
need a clutch, and maybe even a whole tranny installed in my gf's 99 GSX. she's had a few problems with it.. and it's gone to the mistu dealer on broad st. over n over for the same problem, that they 'fixed' the 1st time. hah. well... the car wont even run now, from what i was told (i havnt been to the car myself yet) the car wont go into gear, it jus grinds when you try to get it in gear. i know the clutch has been slipping and we got a new one for the car just didnt have it installed yet, so maybe that is all the car needs? i dunno, i dont have the time/lift/tools etc to check it out.

anyone know a shop in the westend who knows alittle about DSMs, and can check out the car?

I can tell you what jeff @ deltaV will tell u when he takes it apart. You, or your gf, are a victum of crankwalk... welcome to the wonderful world of dsm's anyway, you're probably screwed... but... i'd take it to him anyways, just to see what he has to say about it.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:53 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Chris4130
I can tell you what jeff @ deltaV will tell u when he takes it apart. You, or your gf, are a victum of crankwalk... welcome to the wonderful world of dsm's anyway, you're probably screwed... but... i'd take it to him anyways, just to see what he has to say about it.
no
Old 12-22-2004, 08:54 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by eclpsed

sounds like a hydraulic issue with the clutch. how does the car idle? does the clutch pedal have pressure? how did the dealer "fix" it before?
Old 12-22-2004, 09:11 PM
semicolonD.net

eclpsed eclpsed

I still have yet to see the car, but my gf is at home...

from what she says the pedel has no pressure at all... wayyy easy to drop to the floor. the last time the dealer 'fixed' it with the same problem they put in new hyd cyc... im lookin for the paper work on what they sayd they installed.. i have it somwhere.

and no, i dont think it's crankie... :P
Old 12-22-2004, 09:15 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

definitely a hydraulic issue.. you probably have a leak somewhere
Old 12-22-2004, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
no
well, going on the little info that was given, it was feasable, since it is pretty common.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:30 PM
semicolonD.net

eclpsed eclpsed

cool.. it's a shop in mechanicsvile, they're just gonna check it out. I guess we'll see.

thanks for the help, if it needs work... i'll send it to delta v motorsports..

(cant find the paper work from the mitsu dealer)

Quick Reply: shop.... is there one?