Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Sentra Header Install

Old 05-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Skrewed and Chopped

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackoutSentra has disabled reputation
Default Sentra Header Install

Hello, I was wondering if anyone on here would know where I could get a hotshot header installed on my car a 2004 Sentra 1.8. Heres the problem first of off the flanges from the header don't match up to my stock cat so it will need to be welded. Secondly I need my o2 relocated to behind my second cat. Also I need a custom catback done to my muffler with a 22 inch resonator welded in it. If you know someone or can do it yourself let me know. Thanks for any help given.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Registered Member

reneponac will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sentra Header Install

Is moving the O2 that far back really a good idea? I'm just curious because not only will it delay the response time but it's also possible it won't be hot enough to operate properly.

Just a thought, I have no experience with the car......
Old 05-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Skrewed and Chopped

Well I got two cats, the header removes the pre-cat, n nissan decided to put the o2 after the precat instead of the main one I need the o2 relocated to trick the ecu into reading the cleaner air, if i leave the o2 in the stock location it throws an engine code. I could do an o2 sim, but i havent had any experience with them im tryin to stick with what i know works.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

reneponac will become famous soon enough

Weird......tricking the sensor I mean. Most of the cars I've dealt with the sensor came before the cat unless it was the later dual sensor set-up.

Removing the pre-cat is going to make it hard to find a shop to do it.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT

the hot shot header eliminates the pre-cat... so you will only have one cat... and to that cat it should bolt right up, are you sure you didn't accidently get a QR header instead of a QG?

and hes right you relocate the o2 you could do an o2 sim, but it's questionable if it'll work... nissan fucked up with the B15's but what do you expect they are all made in mexico... which explain why the side impact crash rating got one of the lowest ratings at i believe 2 stars and why they have poor quality ratings, sweat shops are for nike's not cars

Last edited by BlackOnBlackGT; 05-10-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:22 AM
Skrewed and Chopped

HAHA yeah, but I got the one for the B15 nissan made their cars even gayier from 2002 to now, but the idoits in mexico welded my secondary to the cat which yours isnt like that. Yeah so I gotta find an exhaust shop that will do it, which I havent found one yet. The only good thing about the B15 is the amount of power the tranny can have, I think the tranny will outlast the motors.