Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Security Systems and where to get them

Old 09-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
velo1958 has disabled reputation
Default Security Systems and where to get them

I need a security system for my Acura Integra GSR.

I want something reasonably priced and I want it installed too. I don't want remote start because I have a manual, but I do want keyless entry. What features are good and which are worthless, and where should I go?
Old 09-24-2008, 04:57 AM
:Uses Ninja-Focus:

JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath
Default Re: Security Systems and where to get them

An alarm system is pointless unless you have the two-way pager nowadays... if ur alarm goes off and you're in the movies what are you gonna do? and don't expect people to do anything, i mean we live in a society where a woman died in a hospital waiting room and laid on the floor for hours as people walked past all nonchalant like a woman wasn't on the floor out cold... so i'd recommend the Viper with the two-way pager.. audio express carries them and last i check they're something like $499 installed.. could be off on the price but hey, if your not willing to dump money into security for the car, then you should be driving a POS beater, so you can leave it running at convenience stores and park it with the keys in it, unlocked in your drive-way at night.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:01 AM
Fuckinitupagain

Strychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to behold

People don't even pay attention to car alarms going off anymore.

Just face it, you drive an Acura, it's going to get stolen LOL
Old 09-24-2008, 09:49 AM
VMSC

oggy54 has disabled reputation

instead of making a new thread im gonna piggyback on this one

I got a Sentra SER Spec-V from carmax like a month ago and it came with an aftermarket alarm. It cam with the regular manual, but nothing for the alarm so it took me a while to figure out what set it off and stuff. So, basically I am trying to figure the make and model of the alarm. I've looked around under the hood near the fuse box, battery, and stock alarm and can't find anything that has the make and model on it. Any suggestions on how to find out?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:27 AM
VR6 > VTEC

Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls

Originally Posted by oggy54
instead of making a new thread im gonna piggyback on this one

I got a Sentra SER Spec-V from carmax like a month ago and it came with an aftermarket alarm. It cam with the regular manual, but nothing for the alarm so it took me a while to figure out what set it off and stuff. So, basically I am trying to figure the make and model of the alarm. I've looked around under the hood near the fuse box, battery, and stock alarm and can't find anything that has the make and model on it. Any suggestions on how to find out?
click here
Old 09-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Registered Member

if your not willing to dump money into security for the car, then you should be driving a POS beater, so you can leave it running at convenience stores and park it with the keys in it, unlocked in your drive-way at night.[/QUOTE]

Point well taken . If you hear it, you always assume it's a false alarm
Old 09-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE from JDMtoDeath
"if your not willing to dump money into security for the car, then you should be driving a POS beater, so you can leave it running at convenience stores and park it with the keys in it, unlocked in your drive-way at night." [/QUOTE]

Point well taken . If you hear it, you always assume it's a false alarm
Old 09-25-2008, 04:54 AM
VMSC

oggy54 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Dymanznprls
click here
and what am i supposed to google when i dont know who makes it and i dont know where it is?

thanks for the dumbass comment
Old 09-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

TINTASSASSIN has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by velo1958
I need a security system for my Acura Integra GSR.

I want something reasonably priced and I want it installed too. I don't want remote start because I have a manual, but I do want keyless entry. What features are good and which are worthless, and where should I go?
We got you covered velo1958, "Experience the Ultimate Vehicle Security" is one of our store motto's, basic alarms with lifetime guarantee from $189 to $2000, gps tracking, 2-way, etc. you name it we got it, we've installing alarms from day 1,over 23 years (Pimping Rides since 85') Peep out the alarm link in the products section on our site www.rpmsuperstore.com, we'll even give you special vadriven forum price, we're glad your being wise as an alarm for your vehicle is one of your smartest vehicles investments period, infact day before yesterday we installed a gps tracking on one of our customers recovered EG hatch with a k20 plus you can call him for a reference
Old 09-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Team Dickbutt #13!!!

bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613

Go here www.Ravelco.com get that and a Viper alarm and trust me your car is not gonna go anywhere. I have the Ravelco device on my car is a 2000 SI. I paid about $325.00-$350.00 Installed, they go what ever you live and they do the instalation for the same price and is defenetly worth it. If you decide to buy it let me know, because since I have one I can get discount. It also has a life time warranty as longest you still the owner and dont sell your car.

If you need more information let me know...

www.ravelco.com

Last edited by bryan64613; 09-30-2008 at 09:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Security Systems and where to get them