Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Ron Duck Fund

Old 10-31-2006, 02:54 PM
Settled..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN
Default Ron Duck Fund

As many of you know my step father Ron Duck was seriously hurt at work back in July 06. At this time he is paralyzed from his neck down. He was hurt due to a faulty deck plate on a loading dock at his work but due to the laws in VA workman's comp does not have to pay for all of his real needs. They have a cap of $25,000 that is all they have to pay.

Now if you truly know me you know I do not ask for handouts at all. Ron is very important part of my life and my mother as well. We are looking at close to $275,000 just to convert her house, buy a handicap van, provide the lifts for him, handicap bed, and many many other things. As you can imagine $25,000 is not going to touch this and we are not a wealthily family with a quarter of a million dollars laying around. My Mom is stressed to the Max enough with fighting cancer and I am really down with not being able to do more. People I truly hate to ask but if you can do anything to help this situation please please let me know. I have setup a PAYPAL trust fund for Ron.

The Paypal email is RonDuckFund@aol.com

Now for the people that do not know Ron I will tell you alittle about his past. For many years Ron has played SANTA at the local malls and has always been a person to help others. He has been one of the many positive rolemodels to help keep me on the right track in my life. At Christmas he would always go around as Santa with many Churches giving gifts to families in need.

Again, if you can do ANYTHING please don't hesitate to get with me. No matter how big or small it will help! If you don't have PAYPAL and want to help just let me know.

Thanks in Advance....
Old 10-31-2006, 03:32 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Ron Duck Fund

Sorry to hear. I could help build access ramps and retrofit things around the house if you'd like.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:29 PM
TSSSSSSSSSSS

MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos

you should post this in OT where more people would see it
Old 10-31-2006, 08:50 PM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS

i can't give much, but as street racers say "take care of the ounces and the pounds will come..."
Old 11-01-2006, 05:56 AM
Settled..

Originally Posted by Rally Red 98
i can't give much, but as street racers say "take care of the ounces and the pounds will come..."
Exactly my thoughts my friend....

We have about $125,000 on hand before taking second morgages and all that stuff. I am going to finace alot of things but I figured some people may be willing to give alittle. It means alot man..... ALOT....
Old 11-02-2006, 05:18 AM
Registered Member

ccrrazy is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that.. Will definitely donate a little piece to help. Also I'd be willing to help out with a fundraiser for this! Have you put something like that together?
Old 11-02-2006, 05:23 AM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

Originally Posted by ccrrazy
Sorry to hear that.. Will definitely donate a little piece to help. Also I'd be willing to help out with a fundraiser for this! Have you put something like that together?
I've already been working on something like this. If you'd like to help, get me on AIM.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Settled..

Guys, I cant thank you enough for all the emails, posts, donations, and offers. It really does mena ALOT! We are trying to put together some fund raisers and raffle some things as well. Please let me know if you have any leads or ideas!

More to come...
Old 11-27-2006, 05:38 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

updates?
Old 11-27-2006, 05:42 AM
Settled..

We are working to get a few things inline for him to come home next month.

Workers comp is doing better now that we have two new lawyers. We had to fire one set of them.

I am thinking of raffling off a car and some other items. Trying to get an interest in it.

Right now I am thinking this:

$100 a Ticket- 1000 Tickets sold...

1st Prize- 2007 Mustang GT (Car will be bought with Winner so they can get the color they want)
2nd Prize- Cruise or Trip for Two (Working on Details)
3rd- Big Screen TV
4th- Home Entertainment System
5th- Laptop Computer

Tyring to get everything straight before I post about it...

Quick Reply: Ron Duck Fund