Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Richmond Dragway New Stuff....

Old 02-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Settled..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN
Default Richmond Dragway New Stuff....

Hey all...

Richmond opens this SUNDAY. Next Sat & Sun they are open as well.

Few new things...

Performance Dynamics is going to do a PUMP GAS 93 Octane Drag race this year. You will drive from their shop in Mechanicsville to the track on the fuel they give you.

Also they have a Kumho Street Warriors thing going on this year. I guess it will be similar to NOPI but with more domestics involved instead of just imports. Bass Off, Bikini Contest, Light show all that stuff....

They have a few Wednesday night races as well!
Old 02-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Mr Biggz

ui4life! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Richmond Dragway New Stuff....

do you no when the kumho thing is?
Old 02-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R

oh my. i will be there for the wed night races. haha.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

I'm there for the pump gas race Was hoping the Kumho thing would be like a heads up street tire series instead of that crap, but I guess you can't ask for too much. Once again, sounds like Richmond Dragway is light years ahead of VMP in giving the local racer what they want.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Very nice, How much?

Riceatingfox has disabled reputation

i think Richmond Drag is still set hard on tradition, look how long it took to get times poseted on a board.........LOl theyre behind by light years because they dont make the money like vmp does( nhra events and multiple ford chevy and dodge events, not including nopi....)........... Plus richmond track aint all that great
Old 02-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Registered Member

LowTech1 has a spectacular aura aboutLowTech1 has a spectacular aura about

VMP = one of the best facilities on the East Coast...(the execution leaves a bit to be desired, IMO)

Richmond Dragway = One of the better RUN facilities I've been to yet (even if the track and its left lane gravel pit are semi-decent at best--again IMO). It's always kinda laid back (nothing like relaxing for 30 minutes while a few 16 y/os clean up a spill )

I never feel like a cow at a stock sale being run through the friggin lanes quickly to get more done like I do @ MIR or VMP.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:35 PM
Very nice, How much?

Riceatingfox has disabled reputation

yeah id have to agree its more of a chill atmosphere @ RIR
Old 02-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Simple Bolt Ons

C MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Riceatingfox
yeah id have to agree its more of a chill atmosphere @ RIR
who was talking about RIR?
Old 02-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by Riceatingfox
i think Richmond Drag is still set hard on tradition, look how long it took to get times poseted on a board.........LOl theyre behind by light years because they dont make the money like vmp does( nhra events and multiple ford chevy and dodge events, not including nopi....)........... Plus richmond track aint all that great
I havent been to Richmond Dragway yet, but racing at VMP a few years ago I can say they suck ass at running that facility. Great facility, shitty job running it. Hell Cecil is alot busier and smaller yet they run the track better. I loved cecil, but a 10 second car is slow there.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Simple Bolt Ons

C MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Woodrow
I havent been to Richmond Dragway yet, but racing at VMP a few years ago I can say they suck ass at running that facility. Great facility, shitty job running it. Hell Cecil is alot busier and smaller yet they run the track better. I loved cecil, but a 10 second car is slow there.
supposedly VMP has a new track manager this year. Lets all hope for the best.

Quick Reply: Richmond Dragway New Stuff....