Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Richmond Dragway Friday Nights this year

Old 02-21-2007, 04:17 AM
Settled..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN
Default Re: Richmond Dragway Friday Nights this year

Guys, they will always prep the track as they have. They wont cut that out, use some common sense here??

As far as extra prep for the gunslingers, it really was not that much. One or two extra passes a night.

We all need to help the cars that do 40 second burnouts and run 14-16 seconds, that destroys track prep... They just like to see smoke....
Old 02-21-2007, 04:32 AM
life is good boosted

wheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to all

Not to be a pessimist Rich, but I've been to a lot of tracks over the years and I don't think it will ever change.....I've always said they should almost have a mandatory driver's meeting first before anyone runs but that wouldn't work either. In my mind, we pay = they prep. It's a safety issue as much as a performance one. The difference is easily seen when you visit MIR versus VMP and Richmond but certainly moreso at VMP. I'm a fan of Richmond Dragway and will more than likely go plenty just because it's closer....well, and I'm lazy.
Just my 2 cents...
Old 02-21-2007, 05:53 AM
Registered Member

Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost

Hey Rich, I *really* like Richmond, but the track prep on street nights is uh.... well..... I spent time at lots of smaller tracks across NC (used to live there, goto New Bern, Kinston, and Jacksonville's tracks) and at VMP, and Richmond kind of pales in prep comparison (on STREET nights). Racers would probably be willing to pay 2-3bucks more per entry for good prep, so it could be a win-win for both Racers and Track management... just 2cents here.

Any word on the possibility of every Friday night?
Old 02-21-2007, 06:16 AM
Registered Member

clemsondave is an unknown quantity at this point

VMP is having their surface ground this week. Sounds like they listened to some of the complaints. I never had a problem there and thought their prep was superior to RD and MIR.

I would also vote for every friday night at RD. The atmosphere there is a little more fun and laid back.

Last edited by clemsondave; 02-21-2007 at 06:21 AM.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Registered Member

10SEC91Z has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ICULOKN
Guys, they will always prep the track as they have. They wont cut that out, use some common sense here??

As far as extra prep for the gunslingers, it really was not that much. One or two extra passes a night.

We all need to help the cars that do 40 second burnouts and run 14-16 seconds, that destroys track prep... They just like to see smoke....
Your car was the only car I ever saw hooking up on Friday night w/o the gunslingers there.I believe your car would leave hard on a rainy road Rich lol.Gunslingers made a huge difference in the track out there for me and most everyone else.I dont expect Johnny to treat the the track as much as he would for race cars,but atleast maybe once a hour during the 3 hour event or something along those lines.Hopefully he listened to the complaints and suggestions from last year and will step it up a bit.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Settled..

ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN

Originally Posted by 10SEC91Z
Your car was the only car I ever saw hooking up on Friday night w/o the gunslingers there.I believe your car would leave hard on a rainy road Rich lol.

LOL.... Good stuff....

But for real....

I talked to Johnny today and he said there will be good prep every Friday night this year. No points series yet and not every Friday night... Rainouts will be made up....
Old 02-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

RICE ETR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ICULOKN

I talked to Johnny today and he said there will be good prep every Friday night this year. No points series yet and not every Friday night... Rainouts will be made up....
Honestly.....give me one good reason for not running every Friday night....to me it's simple math... almost two times the annual street night profit... no?
Old 02-22-2007, 07:27 PM
I Need Money

Babied 240 is an unknown quantity at this point

Total profit would increase most likely, but attendance would fall a little than it would be every other friday night...I would love every friday night.

What about switching up classes so 11 sec cars run each other, 12 sec...and so on. That would make the racing more exciting for the people watching...Just a thought.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin

yeah if every friday decreased attendance a little bit that would be perfect. WAAY too many people there last couple street nights las season.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

RICE ETR is an unknown quantity at this point

yea that's why i said almost double...because of the attendance dropping...but then again maybe more people will go then they think since everyone is thinking they will get more runs in since not as many people will be there....reverse psychology?

Quick Reply: Richmond Dragway Friday Nights this year