Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Richmond Dragway 10/14/05

Old 10-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick
Default Re: Richmond Dragway 10/14/05

Originally Posted by slvrgtstang
flomaster 40's, tri-ax shifter, cold air, air plenium. and the chin spoilier adds like 400HP haha j/p but thats it. I figure the pulley's will help a little. I'm gonna save up over the winter and get some 4.10's for the rear. That will deffinitely help times.
Do you have a chip on it yet? Your mph seems to look pretty good for what is done. The 4.10's really won't add that much because you will lose topend. You will be about .2 faster but will lose about 2mph. You really ought to invest in tires. Grab you up some M/T E/T Streets for her. If you can get your launch right, you will be 13.4-13.5 with the 4.10's. Pullies won't hurt you, but they won't help that much either. Really should invest in a off-road X as well. With the other air stuff, you need to get that exhaust breathing better.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SlowBlueFormy
And I thought I was having a bad time of it. No reason an 04 should run with a 97 anything.

Let Nic drive it. See what he does.
His car had to be a freak, his was the fastest stock 2v time I've ever seen. Maybe he should drive my Goat.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

slvrgtstang has disabled reputation

And I thought I was having a bad time of it. No reason an 04 should run with a 97 anything.

Let Nic drive it. See what he does.
what did nic get stock? damn i need to work on shifting better. I had my tires fuly inflated though. I drove it there raced it and drove it back without touching it basically. Some people told me less air pressure would help but I didn't have a pressure meter so i didn't wanna mess my tires up, too low or anything. The whole night i was improving over my previous times now that I know how to launch better but my reaction time SUCKS. I'm still not sure where to shift at though.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

LowTech1 has a spectacular aura aboutLowTech1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Fat Nick
His car had to be a freak, his was the fastest stock 2v time I've ever seen. Maybe he should drive my Goat.

Or maybe the lightweight lil bastard can drive?
Old 10-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

LowTech1 has a spectacular aura aboutLowTech1 has a spectacular aura about

what did nic get stock?

13.5 @ whatever if i remember right.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Registered Member

Do you have a chip on it yet? Your mph seems to look pretty good for what is done. The 4.10's really won't add that much because you will lose topend. You will be about .2 faster but will lose about 2mph. You really ought to invest in tires. Grab you up some M/T E/T Streets for her. If you can get your launch right, you will be 13.4-13.5 with the 4.10's. Pullies won't hurt you, but they won't help that much either. Really should invest in a off-road X as well. With the other air stuff, you need to get that exhaust breathing better.
Yeah. I'd have it all right now but i keep lacking in this green crap called money. I'm not sure where to get bundles of it.... oh well. Yes i really do need tires my rear tires have even less tread on them after last night. I have a little less than 1/6 an inch of tread on my rears. I wish i could find someone with a cheap set of tires they no longer want and could give to me for a good deal. know anyone? there was a guy out there who was running higher times with a high flow cat-x and 40's with nitto's and was running 14.2X's.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Registered Member

13.5 @ whatever if i remember right.
shit even the pro's who test the cars in ideal conditions can't even get that stock... they get 14.0X's with stock tires and stock everything... ok if 4.10's are gonna hurt my top speed why wouldn't I want to get 3.73's? that way i'd still gear it higher but my top speed wouldn't be hurt less... or am I thinking this the wrong way?
Old 10-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Registered Member

Yeah. I'd have it all right now but i keep lacking in this green crap called money. I'm not sure where to get bundles of it.... oh well. Yes i really do need tires my rear tires have even less tread on them after last night. I have a little less than 1/6 an inch of tread on my rears. I wish i could find someone with a cheap set of tires they no longer want and could give to me for a good deal. know anyone? there was a guy out there who was running higher times with a high flow cat-x and 40's with nitto's and was running 14.2X's.
If you had asked me a month ago I had DR's on a extra set of wheels, a plenum, tb, cai, ud's, grill delete and a predator for sale. Only thing I have left is a K&N FIPK2, but you don't need that if you already have a cai
Old 10-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

shit even the pro's who test the cars in ideal conditions can't even get that stock... they get 14.0X's with stock tires and stock everything... ok if 4.10's are gonna hurt my top speed why wouldn't I want to get 3.73's? that way i'd still gear it higher but my top speed wouldn't be hurt less... or am I thinking this the wrong way?
The best gear imo in a 5spd is a 3.90. Auto is 4.10.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R

I saw the Blazer and the kid with 99-04 silver GT. I was out there, running shitty. I don't know what I was doing, never had a night as bad as this one. So I left around 8:30. I did have a good time with the other 6-7 Goat guys up there though. Although I'm the only one on this site.

you saw my Blazer? that thing is a turd. lol

Quick Reply: Richmond Dragway 10/14/05