Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Richmond Area - New Defined Interest In Auto

Old 07-31-2013, 05:52 AM
Ready To Learn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xdreamxz has disabled reputation
Default Re: Richmond Area - New Defined Interest In Auto

Originally Posted by Richmond
"taking heed to your words"? Don't try so hard, little love muffin. If you want something inexpensive and open to mods, get a fucking huffy. 10 cent baseball card and that motherfucker will sound like vtec. Add some streamers and you'll have all the little girls sweating you hardcore. Your "priorities" are far from in order if you think getting a car to mod is the next step. You need reliable transportation, so when your girlfriend realizes what a fucktard you are, you won't be walking to work. THEN consider a race car.
i love the positive vibes here, tanx bro.

i see that is also a route..to have a reliable daily and then the fun starts next..(i'm sure this sounds like simple shit to you, but i was never sure how people get started/transition..)

this is actually good feedback...love youz guyz
Old 07-31-2013, 06:54 AM
Registered Member

miata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these parts
Default Richmond Area - New Defined Interest In Auto

Well now that we know o/p has his priorities straight do you know what your looking for in a project car do you prefer rwd or fwd ?
Old 07-31-2013, 07:02 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by Richmond
You need reliable transportation, so when your girlfriend realizes what a fucktard you are, you won't be walking to work. THEN consider a race car.
This.
Need more info, OP. What is your intention for the modified car? Do you want minor mods or something more serious? Are you going to enjoy it occasionally on passing lanes/back roads or are you going to be one of those fucktards who gets to learn you don't shit where you eat when their DD grenades on a race track?

Also, what constitutes a "more than decent paying job"? Are you comfortable using pittbull puppies as currency? Please clear some of this up so that you can help these gentlemen further help you.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:48 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

I remember the days when I first got "into" cars. I had all KINDS of matchbox cars I race around on my parent's kitchen floor.

Guess I'll take a different approach with this horrible thread that a normal, intelligent person could figure out.

What are your goals?
Are you into show, go, driving to the grocery store, etc?

Do you want to be a trendy fag or mod a car that is easy to mod and easy to find used, cheap parts for?

Just stick to a Honda. Everyone has one, parts are easy to find. Anyone can work on them. Go stand in parking lots with others and talk about Hondas, it'll be fun. Once you experience all of that, then you'll have some type of idea of what you like and where you want to go with your car endeavors.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:18 AM
Ready To Learn

to answer above questions, i'm not looking for a certain drive-train i'm pretty open to all of them...i'm unfamiliar with the contrast between how they "feel" to drive

My main intention is to have another outlet to express myself through something i love to tell you the truth. I don't want to to end up with something riced TO SHIT or something i keep for a few months and..."TIRED OF SUCH AN SUCH WANT TRADEZZ"

I actually plan on keeping things fairly OEM depending on the brand/model..the subtle looks of just a well kept (nice sounding) car has always drawn me in

also, I won't be pushing homemade NOS down the highway from the nearest home depot either, i want my car to be something i just go on "casual" rides in around the city when i have free time. "pass" when i can.
(- shitty downtown roads) / maybe even trips to legit meets statewide ?

[What constitutes a good job?] - starting pay of AT LEAST 11-12$+ Major Benefits/Discounts, Stability with a still growing company that i will be apart of creating rather than just working for
[minor mods or serious?] - i want to start with minor things (lowering,exterior,interior) and gradually move up into turbo bolt-ons, engine/auto>man swaps,engine rebuilds,etc
(if you even consider that serious)

I want to actually ENJOY MY CAR bottom line

I'm trying not to random ramble, but eventually, i want to get into restoring cars and importing (long term goals)

sidenote: i really want to stray away from the trends going on that will eventually blow over as a fashion statement *cough-HELLA-cough*

Last edited by xdreamxz; 07-31-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:51 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

pics of gf?
Old 07-31-2013, 09:45 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Originally Posted by xdreamxz
to answer above questions, i'm not looking for a certain drive-train i'm pretty open to all of them...i'm unfamiliar with the contrast between how they "feel" to drive

My main intention is to have another outlet to express myself through something i love to tell you the truth. I don't want to to end up with something riced TO SHIT or something i keep for a few months and..."TIRED OF SUCH AN SUCH WANT TRADEZZ"

I actually plan on keeping things fairly OEM depending on the brand/model..the subtle looks of just a well kept (nice sounding) car has always drawn me in

also, I won't be pushing homemade NOS down the highway from the nearest home depot either, i want my car to be something i just go on "casual" rides in around the city when i have free time. "pass" when i can.
(- shitty downtown roads) / maybe even trips to legit meets statewide ?

[What constitutes a good job?] - starting pay of AT LEAST 11-12$+ Major Benefits/Discounts, Stability with a still growing company that i will be apart of creating rather than just working for
[minor mods or serious?] - i want to start with minor things (lowering,exterior,interior) and gradually move up into turbo bolt-ons, engine/auto>man swaps,engine rebuilds,etc
(if you even consider that serious)

I want to actually ENJOY MY CAR bottom line

I'm trying not to random ramble, but eventually, i want to get into restoring cars and importing (long term goals)

sidenote: i really want to stray away from the trends going on that will eventually blow over as a fashion statement *cough-HELLA-cough*
Two options. Buy a car with factory options you want, turbo, supercharger, sunroof, etc etc. Cars built for boost in the long run will last a lot longer and cause less headache.

Or if you want to have a car to toy with, enjoy wrenching on it and don't care about the down time. Find a cheap platform in good shape and tear out the wrenches.

For a DD and when I was 19, I turned to a dependable commuter car with good gas mileage and did little things to it but still kept it dependable. Because at 19 money is tight and cars should not take up a great % of your income until you build a nice savings account.

Most people get this wrong though and end up selling their cars to pay debt.

Or find someone selling a car that has been modded with quality parts for way cheaper than it would have cost to buy the parts new.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:36 AM
Powder Coating Boss

DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin

JB hit it on the head with "Because at 19 money is tight and cars should not take up a great % of your income until you build a nice savings account. "

Most of us have gone through it, either you sat back and watched other people blow money on cars that they didn't even know what they were doing to and bitched that they couldn't buy a dollar menu sandwich, while you saved money and got enough built up to be comfortable or you were the one blowing the money on a car. Get your priorities together first, if you got the apartment covered already then great. Now buy yourself a reliable DD, not a car that you even want to consider modifying. Establish a savings account and get a few K saved up. Now if you would still like a car to cruise in, modify, etc you start another savings account for this, do not touch your savings that you already have.

Do some researching on the types of cars that you like the looks of first, it's just like finding a girlfriend, most people aren't going to date a fat ugly chick just because she fucks good and I wouldn't expect most people to have their preferred car be a rust bucket. Once you narrow that done, research the reliability of the car, cost of parts, common issues, etc. If you're set on having something semi fast then don't go buying a crx and think you're going to slap on a homemade turbo kit and beat everyone in town, buy a car that comes factory turbocharged or a big motor car if that's what you prefer and learn from there with it. Most importantly since you don't have a lot of car knowledge, when you go to purchase either car, take someone knowledgeable with you and not your buddy that is going to encourage you to buy a F&F car.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:01 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Listen to JB. I have probably 35 grand worth of cars sitting in my driveway and yet, I've been most wanting a cheap CRX or NA Miata, maybe even a shittier example of an S2000 if I could find one cheap enough. Reason being, they're cheap to buy and modify, theyre reliable and they're disposable. You can also have a lot of fun per dollar at tracks and autoX. I'd love a car that I wouldn't be hesitant to beat the shit out of, and that I know won't cost me a lot even if I break something. In general, they are also great learning tools for somebody who wants to start a hobby. There is something to be said for having a car that you know you can roll up your sleeves and get into any job on, knowing that if you fuck it up, it isn't a big deal. i.e., think I'd attempt my first paint job on the car I bought new last year? Fuck no, but I certainly would on some $2500 POS. You will more willing attempt more repairs/mods, and more financially able. As a result, you will learn and experience more that you can apply to a "fancier" project down the road.

Just make sure you have a separate daily driver, even if it means living with a boring 90's corolla that a granny put 40,000 miles on and you picked up for $1500. I can't stress this enough. Living with shitty as a daily is worth it if it better enables you to pursue your project car that you don't have to worry about having in running condition every Monday morning. I'm not going to get into the savings and financial responsibility that others are mentioning. Obviously that is all true though.

Last edited by Yardjass; 07-31-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:07 PM
Ready To Learn

i'm loving the feed..I've decided i will get a routine daily 1st and go with the saving plans above for the project car..

what would you consider a "cheap" price for starting modifier car once i get to that stage? (thinking honda or mazda) vs. mileage?

tanx for the help, hoping this will help others as well..i'll continue to hang around and lurk while saving and hopefully start a build thread in the future

Quick Reply: Richmond Area - New Defined Interest In Auto