Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

REV-X Weekly Auto Meets (Fredericksburg)

Old 03-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts
Default REV-X Weekly Auto Meets (Fredericksburg)

REV-X is kicking back off starting Saturday April 30th, 2011 at our new time 8:00PM and runs to 12:00AM

Address:
11120 Gordon Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22407

REV-X is a Weekly Auto Meet. REV-X is held at the Salem Fields Community Church Parking Lots. This is private property with over 550 available parking spots we definitely have room to grow. REV-X last year averaged about 175 car every weekend and had peak attendance of 363 on night. We are currently the most successful weekly meet in Virginia.

The Church Meet
We have become known as "The Church Meet." This is because REV-X is held at a church parking lot. But also, Salem Fields Community Church owns and operates REV-X. They are the equivalent of a corporate sponsor, they pay for EVERYTHING and they put a lot of money into REV-X. And yes, I am a pastor. HOWEVER, you are NOT required to or obligated to attend/go to/volunteer at (etc.) this church in any way. We don't bash you with scripture or try to convert you. Those who know me know my circle of friends, those who don't are usually surprised by it. I don't care if you are an atheist, gay, hate God, whatever. If you have questions about religion or faith, just ask me. And that is as far as I will talk about religion.

I just wanted to put it out in the open.

A step above the rest
REV-X differs from any other local weekly meet in that we have a corporate sponsor. This has given us some benefits that most other meet allows do not. We have our own indoors full service cafe serving drinks and food. We have indoor bathrooms. We have a pretty stout sound system. And I am writing proposals to vastly improve REV-X. Also we have one vendor/shop that has expressed interest in setting up a booth at REV-X. Salem Field Community Church has a full time production team, which means if I need help with sound, audio, video, photoshoping, etc. they are available to tackle the job. They are are taking on the task of making our new flyers this year.

Also, I take on the responsibility of managing and keeping everyone safe, while still trying to maintain a fun atmosphere. All you have to do is follow the rules and have a good time.

Rules
The rules really are just common sense to ensure this meet continues:
  • This will be a 100% drug/alcohol free event.
  • Keep it slow in the parking lot.
  • No burnouts/donuts
  • No revving your motor or blasting your music.
  • If your car is moving your headlights MUST be on,
  • No weapons.
  • No Fighting.

Breaking the rules
We know that people will slip up, so we will in most cases give a warning for people revving or playing load music, or driving with their lights off. Repeat offenders will be asked to leave.

The only reason we have the headlights rule is because last year there was a near accident that would have been avoided if the moving car had it's headlights on. It's more for your safety than anything.

Speeding through the lots or Burnouts/Donuts will get you kicked out for the weekend. maybe longer.

I am an advocate to the right to bear arms, but Virginia is unique that it is a misdemeanor to have a weapon on church property, this includes knives unless you have written consent from the church are are a LEO. So we had to make it a rule. Punishment? You could be arrested.

Fighting will get you kicked out for season. It's simple, we don't tolerate it. However smack talking about your cars is encouraged.

Equipment violation Tickets
Last year when we started I had hoped to work with local law enforcement. It didn't exactly go the way I wanted it, but we did eventually sit down with the Spotsylvania Sheriff's Department and came to an agreement. Spotsylvania Sheriff's Department is working with us. We have agreed to deny entry to anyone persons that Spotsylvania Sheriff's Department asks us to deny, but they can only do it for two reasons. 1) Street Racing 2) extremely reckless behavior.

REV-X vs. Mid-Atlantic Mega Meets
REV-X and Mid-Atlantic Mega Meets are separate organizations. Though we do sometimes advertise their events even if they land on the same day/time as REV-X. We'd like to give people options, plus MAMM has some friggin' cools meets. To help distinguish us from them. We have stopped using the term Mega Meets and are pushing for Auto or weekly meets.

Other REV-X Events
Last year we talked about things like free track days and a burnout pit. Those plans were put on hold due to some complications. We are re-investigation those events. Things like this take a lot of planning and must be budgeted far in advance, I really do hope to do at least one track day this year, but it may not happen due to the planning/budgeting requirements.

Slander against REV-X.
I'm not really sure how to handle this. My intentional reaction was to take the high row and not respond to the false rumors being spread by two of our former team leaders, like we did last year to the naysayers; but we are losing attendants at an alarming rate. So I have to do something:

To understand why we are being attacked you must understand why it is happening: At the end of last season, our corporate sponsor wanted me to form a leadership team in order to get input from our attendants. There were rules in place and it was clear that violating these rules would result in being removed from the leadership team and possibly suspension from attending events. Two of the member out right broke the rules. I warned them that I would enforce the rules, but it was mere days before the broke the rules again and so were removed from the leadership team (one involuntarily, one voluntarily). They retaliated by trying to start their own meet, close to and at the same time as REV-X; and slandering REV-X. Most of the slander involves strict, overly-enforced, new rules (including reading a form and signing it) and overbearing penalties. It is lies. The exact opposite is true. I am actually writing a proposal to lax the or possibly removing some rules. Penalties are the same as last year as mentioned above.

To make this more simple, if you have a question about the direction of REV-X or rules or penalties just ask, I'll answer them the best I can.
I started REV-X to give the community a positive outlet to express their enthusiasm in cars, bikes or trucks. I did not start REV-X to have the community serve me. Organizing a car meet is a lot of work, it's a burden nevertheless, I enjoy serving my community, in the same way I enjoyed serving my country. I'll admit that REV-X is still a work in process, but I am keeping fluid and flexible allowing change as I get input from the people that attend.
Attached Thumbnails REV-X Weekly Auto Meets (Fredericksburg)-rev-x-lot.jpg  

Last edited by laserspeeddemon; 04-14-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:46 AM
NotAcOp:)

BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux
Default Re: REV-X Weekly Auto Meets (Fredericksburg)

This is much better I approve!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts

Ahhh thanx, NOW MOAOOAR RED BAWK-IS!!!!

Also, like our facebook page foo'!

Last edited by laserspeeddemon; 03-16-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

Man slow day.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Oh hey

TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr

Im gunna get you back to green one of these days homie...
Old 03-16-2011, 03:59 PM
NotAcOp:)

BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux

Its a mission! lol... wonder what ywould happen first... me red or him green
Old 03-16-2011, 04:14 PM
the stig.

fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire

I'm looking forward to this starting up again sean.. my friends and I enjoyed having the venue to hang out in last year and its looking like things will be even better this year. All the drama and stuff aside, I'm sure most people know how hard it is to put something like this together. Lol and I know most won't admit it, but I for one appreciate what your doing with rev-x.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by fc3spitsfire
I'm looking forward to this starting up again sean.. my friends and I enjoyed having the venue to hang out in last year and its looking like things will be even better this year. All the drama and stuff aside, I'm sure most people know how hard it is to put something like this together. Lol and I know most won't admit it, but I for one appreciate what your doing with rev-x.
Ahhh, bro. Thanks. It's nice to be appreciated once in a while. It feels good (no homo)
Old 03-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Oh hey

TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr

Originally Posted by starbux
Its a mission! lol... wonder what ywould happen first... me red or him green
I think once the meet starts back up and some of these people meet Sean and realize he's a good guy, they'll raep him in the green...
Old 03-16-2011, 07:29 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

I might show up to one of these. Not sure yet.,

Quick Reply: REV-X Weekly Auto Meets (Fredericksburg)