Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Reckless driving ticket any advice?!

Old 09-02-2015, 08:24 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
graynb has disabled reputation
Default Reckless driving ticket any advice?!

I got an 83 in a 55 on the highway right outside VCU area..while I do have other tickets, currently I have positive 3 points on my licences cause its been a couple years since Ive been stopped (I'm 22 btw)

Is it gonna be a fine or is there a good chance of getting my licences taken away?

Also Anything I should do before hand that will help??
Old 09-02-2015, 09:10 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K
Default Re: Reckless driving ticket any advice?!

Originally Posted by graynb
I got an 83 in a 55 on the highway right outside VCU area..while I do have other tickets, currently I have positive 3 points on my licences cause its been a couple years since Ive been stopped (I'm 22 btw)

Is it gonna be a fine or is there a good chance of getting my licences taken away?

Also Anything I should do before hand that will help??
Hire a lawyer, a reckless in Va should not be taken lightly. If you plan on representing yourself, expect 90 days suspended license and $1000 fine, and hope you do not get jail time.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:18 AM
carebearreps

pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0

get a lawyer
Old 09-02-2015, 09:24 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

check your mailbox, prolly already have a bunch of solicitations from lawyers in that locale
Old 09-02-2015, 09:29 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

30 over? Few things;

A) Stop driving like an asshole.

B) Pay the $800-1000 and get a lawyer, if you can't afford a lawyer or don't think you need one see item C, otherwise proceed to item D.

C) Be advised, a reckless driving ticket in Va is punishable by up to 100 days in jail, loss of license for 1yr, and a fine up to $1000 (IIRC) revisit item B.

D) Please reference item A
Old 09-02-2015, 01:00 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Pretty much what Scotty_Nooo said. Take this seriously or you're going to get fucked. This is why I do all my reckless driving on track, in Mexico, or at least another state.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:40 PM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

I`m glad i got most of that out of my system before Va changed it`s policy toward reckless tickets. I had three back in my late teens and early twenties and never had a lawyer or lost my license, just kept slapping me with $260 fines. Only one of them was speeding though (80 in a 55 with a rental car) the rest filed under reckless "other". Now adays i drive like a fucking Grandma...

Anyways, you`ve heard it 3 or 4 times already but get a lawyer, Va don`t mess around with reckless any more. And slow your ass down, i know it`s fun and all but the consequences are just fucked, which you`re about to figure out.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Too Old To Care

smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave

I have a good lawyer, my wife had a similar situation. PRAY you don't go before Judge Birdie, you WILL 1. Pay a very hefty fine, 2. Perform a lot of community service 3. Serve time 4. Participate in the Visap program (at substantial cost to you) 5. Suspended license for a while. This is almost as bad as a DUI when it comes to financial layout. Hope you have savings and/or alternative transportation for a long period of time. PM me and I will provide Lawyers info, he is fair and does a good job. We had to appeal, another $1000 bucks for appeal bond. All told it cost about $4000 for my wife to keep license. Insurance cancelled had to get another company after 23 years with the same provider. Lastly, I have done everything you have 10 times over, just happened a long time ago, so please let me say STUPID. Try not to do it and get caught again. Sorry for your monetary loss
Regards
Dave

Last edited by smilin dave; 09-03-2015 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:58 AM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

STOP DRIVING SO FAST YOU DICK.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:11 PM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

You should have just ran cuhhh, fuck these craKKKaz and their laws.

Quick Reply: Reckless driving ticket any advice?!