Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

reckeless ticket question?

Old 09-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Damn street racers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trbowrx has disabled reputation
Default reckeless ticket question?

ok so i got a ticket on 288 for 86 in a 65 and that is reckless. so i was wondering what is going to happen i had another ticket for 15 over but that was droped due to driving school so i have no tickets on my record except for tint and no front plate. i am just worried my license will get taken away. should i get a lawyer or will i be ok? it was in chesterfield, i am just wondering if it would be worth it to pay the laywer to get the ticket hopefully lowerd to just speeding. and how much is the ticket / laywer fee?
Old 09-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: reckeless ticket question?

If you can afford it GET THE LAWYER. he proably wont get it droped but certainly reduced. i know a good one. Buddy Parcell, 358 8000
Old 09-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Damn street racers

how much do they usually cost? and do u think it is a offence that my license could be taken away? and it was a 85 in a 65 haha not that it matters really and i dont know if this matters he never made me sighn it and it says it was issued on corthouse rd and the ticket was givin to me on 288 right by iron bridge exit going twards 95? this ticket is alll wrong haha

Last edited by trbowrx; 09-06-2005 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:10 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Lawyers will charge between $200-400 for traffic court. Low end for simple tickets, higher end for DUI.

You are paying for the lawyer to reduce the charge if possible so that your insurance rates don't skyrocket with a reckless driving charge. If it were just about the money, you'd just pay the fine and come out ahead.

Since the ticket reads 86 the officer is signaling to the judge that you were going more than 86 mph, he was being lenient on the speed, but felt it necessary to charge you with reckless driving due to the excess.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:12 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by trbowrx
...and do u think it is a offence that my license could be taken away?
Depends on if you piss off the judge and/or the judge is in a bad mood to begin with.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

i bet you can get it dropped if he didn't make you sign and the ticket is way wrong.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Damn street racers

i think i am just going to call a lawyer tomm and talk to him about the fact that i didnt sighn the ticket and it is wrong to begin with...
Old 09-06-2005, 07:19 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Originally Posted by trbowrx
i think i am just going to call a lawyer tomm and talk to him about the fact that i didnt sighn the ticket and it is wrong to begin with...
yea thats what i'd do.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Damn street racers

well i think for sure i am going to end up getting a lawyer so i can hopefully get it droped to a lesser offence or get it taken away because of all the things wrong with it. i just dont want to have my insurance go up like crazy! since i am getting a new car soon anyway
Old 09-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Registered member

GripSpec has disabled reputation

i need to watch my ass. i drive to jeff davis from midlothian on 288 three times a week. im gunna get pulled at some point.

Quick Reply: reckeless ticket question?