VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Central VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/)
-   -   R5 anyone (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/r5-anyone-20581/)

MSeunos 07-17-2003 09:38 AM

R5 anyone

is anybody round here runnin in the R5?

Thrilryder 07-19-2003 02:35 PM

I plan on running as well, not sure what car yet, my 99 si if I still have it or being a navigator in my friends rx7 thats let to be rebuilt..lol

David

MSeunos 07-19-2003 02:47 PM

well the word is spreading so keep an eye on the loist to make sure u get in.

FlimFlam 07-22-2003 09:40 PM

Im thinking it through with a friend now.

crxnfx 07-22-2003 11:52 PM

me and k4ff1n3 are going to enter, but I have to navigate because he gets lost really easily

MSeunos 07-23-2003 09:13 AM

hahaha, yea i was thinkin about takein my g/f but i think we'd end up bickering:rolleyes:

my plan, follow somebody whos knows what theyre doin;) :D

wahoo5 07-24-2003 05:05 PM

I am driving and my son is navigating. We are signed up as #61.

David

fatboyee 07-24-2003 05:13 PM

what is the R5, and wahoo... have u ever been to performance autosport?

Del La Sol 1320 07-24-2003 05:50 PM

Originally posted by fatboyee
what is the R5, and wahoo... have u ever been to performance autosport?
yea i was wondering the same thing... if you have a navigator i'd say a rally but dont think you guys would wanna put your cars on the dirt, what-when-where-how? i might be down

MSeunos 07-24-2003 07:53 PM

www.oxity.com

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthr...threadid=20359

to summarize, its a 500 mile road rallye here in virginia. It follows the example of rallyes like the gumball and such, only to a smaller scale and much more attainable. the entry price is about $140 and that includes the entry and participation, reservation for the hoppin after party, and a hotel room, all for you and a co-driver.
NO it does not require or give a better chance to speeding, so as long as u dont F up, no tickets. its not a "who gets there faster" deal, its who gets there closest to the time type thing. clues, maps, hints, math, and other crap. this also means every car has an equal opprotunity at beng the rex (or winner). there are no upper hands. from the ferraris and porsches already signed up, to little guys like me. ive been lookin forward to it for a really long time now. central should rep too! we tight!
Central should challenege the other regions of va. central vs 757 vs nova and shit. travle in groups, its always more fun in groups. anyway i just wanted to see if anybody was down. im down! #50 baby!!! cant wait.

-Dustin

Del La Sol 1320 07-25-2003 02:19 PM

where does it start/end any idea at all? sounds interesting i might be in for signing up

MSeunos 07-25-2003 09:54 PM

um ... virginia?? heh i dunno, if i knew id probably be selling the info ;) it may be on the site. its supposed to have some really nice raods and crap though. did u see some of the cars that have already signed up? heh its a bit intimadating, but i dont plan on winning anyway. i just think its gunna be fun, expecially for the price:)

Del La Sol 1320 07-25-2003 11:09 PM

ok so i guess telling the ending point would kinda defeat the whole purpose... but no clue on where it will start? if i enter i'll run my gsx-r, it would be fun to whoop some ducati ass, but the only disadvantage to a bike is i wouldn't have a navigator and i'd have to like tape a map to my tank, so any time i would make up by being faster or able to slip in and out of traffic would probably all go to waste the first time i get lost... but should be fun i'm gonna read more about it

getfast 07-25-2003 11:33 PM

Originally posted by Del La Sol 1320
where does it start/end any idea at all? sounds interesting i might be in for signing up

It starts somewhere in Richmond on the morning of Sat Sept 13. You gotta sign up for the event to be told where the starting line is...

And yes, the finish line is top secret, although I have heard it is somewhere in or around VA. :D

I can't wait,

Jon

xbeakerx 08-14-2003 08:00 AM

i'm most likely going with a friend in his MR2 Turbo... we will see...

so who else is going... maybe we should put dragva.com stickers on our cars... that would be cool and advertisement for the owner of the board...

MSeunos 08-14-2003 12:27 PM

i probably will get a sticker, and ill most likely put my board name beside it so people form here know who i am.

getfast 08-26-2003 11:04 AM

Nobody here cares about this event because it has, like, lots of turns and corners and stuff. :(

Entry list: http://www.oxity.com/reglist.html

New model: http://www.oxity.com/modeljessica.html

It's gonna be fun,

Jon

Computer_Nerd 08-26-2003 11:08 AM

Great looking model posing in D.C. When did you let her out of your basement? ;)

MSeunos 08-26-2003 07:50 PM

Originally posted by getfast
Nobody here cares about this event because it has, like, lots of turns and corners and stuff. :(

is there really gunna be lots of turny turny stuff. im lookin forward to this man, we had a little practice with our NC/757 road trip

getfast 08-26-2003 09:40 PM

Originally posted by 93Eunos is there really gunna be lots of turny turny stuff.

Officially I can't say; unofficially I recently pre-ran the course and can tell you that there's definitely more than one good curve per mile. :D

Jon

getfast 09-04-2003 11:22 PM

everyone can come out

It has just been announced that the finishing line and after-party for this event will be open to the public. There is a phone number you can call after a certain time on the day of the event to find out exactly where it ends. Is anyone interested in a party somewhere in VA on the night of Sat Sept 13 with 100+ people who have just done 500 miles against the clock, not to mention live DJ's and plenty of cold BEvERages and fun with the R5 Model Team - ??? :D

Jon

xbeakerx 09-05-2003 01:29 AM

Re: everyone can come out

Originally posted by getfast
It has just been announced that the finishing line and after-party for this event will be open to the public. There is a phone number you can call after a certain time on the day of the event to find out exactly where it ends. Is anyone interested in a party somewhere in VA on the night of Sat Sept 13 with 100+ people who have just done 500 miles against the clock, not to mention live DJ's and plenty of cold BEvERages and fun with the R5 Model Team - ??? :D

Jon

what about the starting line... i'd like to be at the starting line...

and yes that would be awesome... how would all that be?

Nic 09-05-2003 02:05 AM

alcohol, hoes, and loud music? i'm there

BadBeck 09-05-2003 02:14 AM

yes nic will be there-on the floor while the hoes step over him trying not to trip. lol.

MSeunos 09-05-2003 08:19 AM

i need a co-driver:o

getfast 09-05-2003 08:20 AM

Re: Re: everyone can come out

Originally posted by xbeakerx
what about the starting line... i'd like to be at the starting line...

Sorry dude, the start is only open to participants, staff/models, and media. :D

Jon

xbeakerx 09-05-2003 06:52 PM

Originally posted by 93Eunos
i need a co-driver:o

have you already paid? i would be your navigator...

xikillhondasx@aol.com