Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

problem with new paint job...

Old 09-28-2006, 05:02 AM
secret-asian-man!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
club_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to all
Default problem with new paint job...

ok i just got my truck painted at a local body shop.its a 2002 f350 and i had some minor dents fixed and some scratches taken out. i got them to paint the truck 2-tone(orange pearl on top and black on the bottom) and i payed $1600 for everything. well i picked the truck up at night time not thinking about really looking at it b/c i figured he did a good job and plus my rental car was due that night so i was in a hurry. well later that night i begin really looking at it and it had a ass load of orange peel in it. so i call them up the next day and they said they can buff it out, so i drop it off.......i picked up yesterday but it was after they were closed and they left my keys in the gas door and now i see big swirl marks in the doors and in the light they look like faded white blobs and now it looks even worse.im pretty upset with it so what should i do next? ask to get some money back or get them to fix it?
Old 09-28-2006, 05:04 AM
TERMIN8

ThroatyStang has disabled reputation
Default Re: problem with new paint job...

Originally Posted by club_xcursion
ok i just got my truck painted at a local body shop.its a 2002 f350 and i had some minor dents fixed and some scratches taken out. i got them to paint the truck 2-tone(orange pearl on top and black on the bottom) and i payed $1600 for everything. well i picked the truck up at night time not thinking about really looking at it b/c i figured he did a good job and plus my rental car was due that night so i was in a hurry. well later that night i begin really looking at it and it had a ass load of orange peel in it. so i call them up the next day and they said they can buff it out, so i drop it off.......i picked up yesterday but it was after they were closed and they left my keys in the gas door and now i see big swirl marks in the doors and in the light they look like faded white blobs and now it looks even worse.im pretty upset with it so what should i do next? ask to get some money back or get them to fix it?
Tell them to fix it or you will see them in court.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:10 AM
secret-asian-man!!

club_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to all

i dont want to be a jerk about it,i hate dealing with this kind of crap.i wish they would have dont a decent job the first time. plus now this is my only transportation and i cant go dropping it off for a couple days....so this sucks
Old 09-28-2006, 06:12 AM
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation

1 word:

B E A T E R
Old 09-28-2006, 06:18 AM
secret-asian-man!!

ok i just got off the phone with them again and i told him about the truck and now i got to take it up there again b/c he says he didnt know what i was talking about and he wants to see it in person......kinda shady,i beleive hes going to try to b/s me this time.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:03 AM
Registered Member

gixxerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

where did you take it so I know not to take my camaro there?
Old 09-28-2006, 07:44 AM
EMF Member #12

brnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond repute

Glenn's in Petersburg. Usually they do good work, so this is odd and upsetting.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:07 AM
secret-asian-man!!

THE VERDICT- so i go up there and show him what was wrong and how the bed had alot more orange peel also. he then tells me that the spots on the door can be buffed out(he got the body man to do this as we talked and looked at the truck) then he says the truck looks 10x better then it did when i took it in there and how it had a lot of peel in it from the factory and how hes not going to buff the entire truck...he then walked inside without saying anything else. i talked to the body man while he buffed the truck and asked him if he did any work on the side and he does so now im just going to pay him $150 to smooth up the rest of the truck,not bad i guess. i done dealing with glenns.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:19 AM
Simplicity, I Like!

Zero1Lude has disabled reputation

that sucks... you got ripped off...
Old 09-28-2006, 09:02 AM
WHAT NITROUS

5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts

orange peel from the factory. They all use that excuse. Maco could have hooked you up if you wanted the peel.

Quick Reply: problem with new paint job...