VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Central VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/)
-   -   Possible learn to ride? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/possible-learn-ride-394549/)

Kyle! 04-29-2011 06:37 AM

Possible learn to ride?

Anyone in the Henrico/Glen Allen area interested in giving some motorcycle riding lessons??

Since I take the bus to work now, seriously considering getting a bike.

Would like to learn/ride prior to taking the course or buying one.

Of course, you will be compensated...

think about it...

Dubee88 04-29-2011 06:51 AM

Re: Possible learn to ride?

taking the msf course is the best idea...you can walk in there not even knowing how to start a motorcycle, abuse their bikes for two full days and walk out a fairly competent rider. plus you can usually get a discount on your insurance for completing a "rider improvement program"

no offense, but being a motorcycle owner and rider I would never let anyone else touch or ride my bike whether they have experience or not. i can discuss how to ride/shift/start/operate a motorcycle all day but riding lessons probably wouldnt happen. most riders are like that about their bikes.

(hope im not coming off as an asshole, im definitely not meaning to. just trying to shed some light on how most of the people i know that are owners and riders are about their bikes)

Kyle! 04-29-2011 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee88 (Post 7064024)
taking the msf course is the best idea...you can walk in there not even knowing how to start a motorcycle, abuse their bikes for two full days and walk out a fairly competent rider. plus you can usually get a discount on your insurance for completing a "rider improvement program"

no offense, but being a motorcycle owner and rider I would never let anyone else touch or ride my bike whether they have experience or not. i can discuss how to ride/shift/start/operate a motorcycle all day but riding lessons probably wouldnt happen. most riders are like that about their bikes.

(hope im not coming off as an asshole, im definitely not meaning to. just trying to shed some light on how most of the people i know that are owners and riders are about their bikes)

Nope, just have to be good friends I suppose.. and of course, if the bike was damaged, I would pay for it.

Just taking a shot in the dark.

BuiltforSin 04-29-2011 05:28 PM

I'd offer, but the bike is in pieces right now. Getting it ready for NJMP next weekend.

Dubee88 04-30-2011 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kyle! (Post 7064227)
Nope, just have to be good friends I suppose.. and of course, if the bike was damaged, I would pay for it.

Just taking a shot in the dark.

gotcha, i was just putting my two cents in...good luck. regardless, i would still recommend the msf course

Big Sexy 04-30-2011 11:12 AM

Wing it

ShortyzKustomz 05-26-2011 03:22 PM

Dude the MSF course over off Lewistown Rd. offers a Pre Starter course for like $90 and the only rule is you must know how to ride a bicycle, Everything else is provided. Id do that!