Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Paint jobs and Bodywork

Old 08-27-2004, 08:42 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S13wannabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paint jobs and Bodywork

Anybody needing a good deal on bodywork let me know. I'm trying to make some extra money on the side. I built a booth in my garage and have most of the tools to do minor collision repair and can do general paint jobs on panels or full car. I charge probably about 1/3 of what shops charge since it's just me and a cousin doing the work. I welcome bodykits too. I know there's tons of people running around with different colored cars cause they can't afford to get their kit painted. Well, I'm offering a cheap alternative. I'm trying to stay away from clear coated black though, that's about my only exception. If you're interested, PM me. I'm not a business, I do this on the side for extra money and too help people out as a hobby, just fyi.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:53 AM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation
Default Re: Paint jobs and Bodywork

Originally Posted by S13wannabe
Anybody needing a good deal on bodywork let me know. I'm trying to make some extra money on the side. I built a booth in my garage and have most of the tools to do minor collision repair and can do general paint jobs on panels or full car. I charge probably about 1/3 of what shops charge since it's just me and a cousin doing the work. I welcome bodykits too. I know there's tons of people running around with different colored cars cause they can't afford to get their kit painted. Well, I'm offering a cheap alternative. I'm trying to stay away from clear coated black though, that's about my only exception. If you're interested, PM me. I'm not a business, I do this on the side for extra money and too help people out as a hobby, just fyi.
Mike is a good guy, and he does good work. I'll let you know when I'm ready to get my next s13 painted. Might be awhile tho, I have a new non s chassis project at the moment
Old 08-27-2004, 12:11 PM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

i need my teg painted and some minor body work done, pm me
Old 08-29-2004, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

No sweat Chris, I''d be glad to help you out. I try to give close acquaintances good deals so that they bring me more customers, just let me know when you're ready.

Originally Posted by Chris4130
Mike is a good guy, and he does good work. I'll let you know when I'm ready to get my next s13 painted. Might be awhile tho, I have a new non s chassis project at the moment
Old 08-29-2004, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

I've had a few people PM me about getting some work done, and some of the questions are in regards to the color black. I guess I should clarify my statement above about that color. I don't like to do ClearCoated black, because I paint in a homemade paint booth, which is no where near as clean as a $60,000 downdraft booth that you find at dealerships and some body places. My charges reflect that (very low), but I can't hide it as well in a clearcoat black, I try to be a perfectionist when I'm charging someone money, and I can't shoot a clean enough paintjob in clearcoat black. If you don't mind single stage, which has a marginally lower quality finish than the above stated, then I can do it. The reason is I can wet sand and buff out anything that may get in the paint while it's wet. So, I hope this clears things up and I won't get so many questions about doing black cars.

Mike
Old 09-22-2004, 05:28 AM
Registered Member

^^^
Old 09-22-2004, 08:23 AM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

I have seen Mikes work,
Excellent guy and excellent work.....highly recommended
Old 09-22-2004, 06:59 PM
Stuff n Stuff

240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee

PM'd ya
Old 09-23-2004, 05:28 AM
Registered Member

amccrazgrl has disabled reputation

to bad my uncle doesnt have his garage done b/c he charges nice prices and does a good job.

he fixed my bumper and painted all up for i think was 700-800
Old 09-23-2004, 06:04 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I am about to take the snake in for body and paint work next week. As soon as the check comes, the rims and tires go on, and then its off to the body shop. Doing everything but the alignment which will be done at my work.

Quick Reply: Paint jobs and Bodywork