Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Opinions Needed: Triforce Motors

Old 05-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Opinions Needed: Triforce Motors

I posted this in the NOVA section but was told the location might be better for this section (it's really in between the two ha!).

Possibly looking at a car at the dealership (stealership) called Triforce motors. I'm from western VA (roanoke city) and the trip is about 3 hours.

Just wondering if you or anyone you know have had any experience with this place. Don't want to waste a trip on a sleazy car dealership and end up getting the shaft on this or that.

Thanks!

-Garan
Old 05-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Opinions Needed: Triforce Motors

anyone?
Old 06-01-2008, 08:11 PM
RHD Teggy

GSRdc2 has disabled reputation

i know that place,i went to go look a car about a year ago.place is a joke and the guy will try to hustle you in everyway possible.sold a kid his very first car for $3000 more then what its worth and on top of that it had been in 3 accidents,found that out after he bought it and he carfaxed it.....just my opinion about the place,i might be wrong
Old 06-02-2008, 04:39 AM
Registered member

I went up there over the weekend,

Car looked decent from the outside but it had been resprayed, interior was ratted out pretty bad, someone just didn't take care of it.

Popped the hood, smelled coolant. Oil was overfilled by about a quart.

Started it up, throw out bearing was whining pretty bad. I took it for a drive anyways. It drove pretty smooth really. I pulled over, spotted the coolant leak coming from the radiator, no biggie, $50 replacement and an hour of my time.

On the way back however the trans was making quite a strange noise, so that was the end of that..

It was probably some punk teenagers car that they got from their parents, and they ratted it out and treated it like shit. Moron had sprayed rubber underliner all in the trunk, then when that didn't work, looks like they used dynamat in some places, nasty stuff..

I feel sorry for whoever he suckers into buying that rats nest..
Old 05-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Registered Member

Farrah has disabled reputation

I know this is a bit late, but i know people are still looking at these things, so I figured I'd put my "two cents" in. I also live quite far away, about 4 hours but seen their ad on autotrader and thought they were legit. "Clean waiting area, clean cars under 5000" not so. The office and "waiting area" and was not "nice and clean" but anyhow, I had seen an eagle talon that i was interested in and when i arrived it was raining, but i came a long way so I stayed and looked at cars anyway. The guy showed me the car, started it for me and let me sit it in..It was distgusting and didn't idle too well..Then I was looking around for something else. I'm not going to lie, I was being a brat and I wanted a car THAT day because I was tired of having people drive me around everywhere...Long story short. Worst car I've ever bought. I ended up getting a 95 Mustang, test drove it and everything seemed ok. There was a crack in the window and a few minor cosmetic problems, but other than that It was ok. After about $150 in gas from Thornburg back to my home, which shouldn't have taken $150 in gas to get back. There was a freakin hole in my gas tank. This was just the start of my problems. Got that fixed. Then it starts overheating, so it was virtually undriveable from distance over 10 miles at time without cooldown time. RIDICULOUS. It still pisses me off talking about it. It is partly my fault because I should have checked them out on BBB first and I would have seen that they have a rating of "F". Now I'm stuck saving up money for another car while working and going to college because I can't get my mustang sold because of the overheating problem no-one can seem to figure out...BTW, I have no doubt that the person praising this company was either the owner or a friend.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Registered Member

jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway

yeah, they are really sketch never buy anything from them EVER.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Registered Member

eg95 has disabled reputation

i bought a 94 integra ls from them back in 2008 .... he gave m a good deal on the car ... i lived on sunset rd. which is about a 4 min drive from them and by the time i got home ... i had a extremely fucked up windshield and sunroof..(someone took the hood latch off the car obviously not long before i bought it) and the car stopped running about 2 months later so i just got rid of it on CL.... but yeah fuck them they are fuckin rip offs...
Old 06-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin

You should go to RPM for all your needs.