Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Operation: Something to do in Richmond

Old 02-24-2006, 07:31 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok
Default Operation: Something to do in Richmond

Restaraunts
Ghengis Kahn Mongolian Grill
2011 Huguenot Road
Richmond, VA 23235
Phone: (804) 330-8918
Takeout Menu
All you can eat mongolian-style buffet (similar to Grey Wolf or Sumo in 757.) Select whatever combo of uncooked vegetables, meats and sauces you like and it is grilled up for you in a matter of seconds. Very good food. Great prices (especially lunch.)

Glory Days Grill
6151 Harbourside Centre Loop
Midlothian, VA 23112
Phone: (804) 608-8350
Menu
Sports bar style restaurant. Very good food ranging from burgers and fries to shrimp and steak. Good atmosphere and tons of TVs for watching, uh, TV. Prices average for sports bar/grill.

River City Diner
11430 West Huguenot Road
Midlothian, VA 23113
Phone: (804) 897-9518
Nostalgic, old-time diner. Very good "homestyle" food along with your typical diner menu items. Average prices.

The Capital Ale House
4024-A Cox Rd
Glen Allen, Virginia 23060
Phone: (804) 780-ALES
-or-
623 East Main Street
Richmond, Virginia 23219
Phone: (804) 643-ALES
Menu
"We present to you the largest selection of beers in Central Virginia, 40 draft and over 200 bottled. Our menu is diverse; it includes sandwiches, salads, Angus beef, pork, poultry, seafood, pastas and other great beer pairings such as mussels and specialty pizzas." - Quoted from website. Features pool tables and dart boards.

Applebees (Hull St)
10823 Hull Street Rd
Midlothian, VA 23112
Phone: (804) 276-3855
Menu
"It's all pink on the inside." Near Commonwealth 20, Home Depot lot, and Rt 288.

Starbucks (Innsbrook)
10865 West Broad Street
Phone: (804) 273-6632
Beverage Lineup
Across from Innsbrook and Capital Ale House near Short Pump. Ice cream place right next door. Lot is monitored, no shenanigans. That's right, no shenanigans.

Bottoms Up Pizza (Shockoe Bottom)
1700 Dock Street
Richmond, VA 23223
(corner of E. Cary & 17th Streets)
Phone: (804) 644-4400
Website (menu, pics)
Richmond's best place for pizza. Has some outdoor and patio seating. Don't try to drive hovercrafts down to Shockoe Bottom! Awesome place to grab some food, take dates or visitors to Richmond. Great photo ops at nearby Canal Walk. Renovated after the great flood. Don't bother with the yuppie Twin Hickory location, it's not the same.

Amusement
G-Force Karts
4245 Carolina Ave
Richmond, VA 23222
Phone: (804) 228-0188
Website
Very fun, indoor gokart track. Karts are much faster than your average track. Features a well laid out track and timesheets for you to pick up at the end of a race. Expensive compared to other gokarting places in the area but much more fun. ($20 a race for non members, $17 a race for members. Races last ~10 minutes.)

Peak Experiences Climbing Center
11421 Polo Cir
Midlothian, VA 23114
Phone: (804) 897-6800
Website
"Our climbing area-The Wall-is the next best thing to being at the crag, with our constantly changing Routes and Holds. And, we have a fully equipped Rentals, plus a Gear Shop to handle all your equipment needs." - Quoted from website.

Kings Dominion
Exit 98 on Interstate 95,
about 20 miles north of downtown Richmond, VA
Calendar
Kings Dominion is for rides with long waits, Busch Gardens is for families. Get your seasons passes early and pay the extra for the parking pass, daily parking isn't cheap. Buyers do not have to be related for group purchase discount. Park opens April 1st.

Bailey's (Southside)
11581 Robious Road
Richmond, VA 23235
Phone: (804) 560-4600
Dine-in menu [pdf]
Smoke filled bar area, good number of pool tables off to side. A few beer specials before 9pm and good chicken finger baskets.

Poker game, Movie night
Rich's house, by appt.
Off Woodman Rd, between Parham Rd and I-295
No Limit Texas Hold-em with $5 - $10 buy-ins for chips. Weekdays by appt until 11p or weekends until whenever. Two tables with drinks, top shelf liquor, and some munchies. Come to play or to watch. No indoor smoking. Over 500 DVDs (yes, I have a lot of movies) with large couch seating area. Gentlemen and ladies always welcome. Contact via PM or AIM.

SATS @ Performance Auto Sport(non-winter Satudays.)
12927 Plaza Drive, Suite B
Richmond, VA 23233
Website
Seasonal weekly car meet at Performance Auto Sport. Watch cars make more power than you and see Kevin in the flesh! (egad.)

Last edited by The Wok; 02-25-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:32 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok
Default Re: Operation: Something to do in Richmond

This thread is for posting things to do in Richmond that people may or may not know about. Everyone always talks about how there's nothing to do but if we all pool all of the things we know together, I figure we can come up with a good list.

If one of your suggestions doesn't fit the current catergories, we can work it in. You can add suggestions in reply or PM and I will update the top post.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

omg ghengis kahn mongolian grill HOLLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2006, 03:42 AM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Old 02-25-2006, 04:49 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

SATS 2006....coming soon.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:13 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

drag strips will be open again soon too
Old 02-25-2006, 07:53 AM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

I think I'm just going to start playing lots of pool until I can get on ESPN.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:02 AM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

Originally Posted by jentegraGS-R
omg ghengis kahn mongolian grill HOLLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yea you guys are great. i would definatly recommend Ghengis Kahn Mongolian Grill to everyone. i do have a question for you though. what is up with the chicken? it looked like potato chips or something.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:04 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Lightbulb Re: Operation: Something to do in Richmond

Restaraunts
Applebees (Hull St)
10823 Hull Street Rd
Midlothian, VA 23112
Phone: (804) 276-3855
Menu
"It's all pink on the inside." Near Commonwealth 20, Home Depot lot, and Rt 288.

Starbucks (Innsbrook)
10865 West Broad Street
Phone: (804) 273-6632
Beverage Lineup
Across from Innsbrook and Capital Ale House near Short Pump. Ice cream place right next door. Lot is monitored, no shenanigans. That's right, no shenanigans.

Bottoms Up Pizza (Shockoe Bottom)
1700 Dock Street
Richmond, VA 23223
(corner of E. Cary & 17th Streets)
Phone: (804) 644-4400
Website (menu, pics)
Richmond's best place for pizza. Has some outdoor and patio seating. Don't try to drive hovercrafts down to Shockoe Bottom! Awesome place to grab some food, take dates or visitors to Richmond. Great photo ops at nearby Canal Walk. Renovated after the great flood. Don't bother with the yuppie Twin Hickory location, it's not the same.

Amusement
Kings Dominion
Exit 98 on Interstate 95,
about 20 miles north of downtown Richmond, VA
Calendar
Kings Dominion is for rides with long waits, Busch Gardens is for families. Get your seasons passes early and pay the extra for the parking pass, daily parking isn't cheap. Buyers do not have to be related for group purchase discount. Park opens April 1st.

Bailey's (Southside)
11581 Robious Road
Richmond, VA 23235
Phone: (804) 560-4600
Dine-in menu [pdf]
Smoke filled bar area, good number of pool tables off to side. A few beer specials before 9pm and good chicken finger baskets.

Poker game, Movie night
Rich's house, by appt.
Off Woodman Rd, between Parham Rd and I-295
No Limit Texas Hold-em with $5 - $10 buy-ins for chips. Weekdays by appt until 11p or weekends until whenever. Two tables with drinks, top shelf liquor, and some munchies. Come to play or to watch. No indoor smoking. Over 500 DVDs (yes, I have a lot of movies) with large couch seating area. Gentlemen and ladies always welcome. Contact via PM or AIM.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brian T
I think I'm just going to start playing lots of pool until I can get on ESPN.

u have to be able to beat me first lol

Quick Reply: Operation: Something to do in Richmond