Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

No more street racing for me - GT may be gone soon as well

Old 09-01-2004, 05:21 AM
Nic
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic
Thumbs down No more street racing for me - GT may be gone soon as well

So I went and talked with my lawyer this morning over my reckless ticket for hydroplaning in the pouring rain. Best case scenario is that it'll get reduced to improper driving. I'm figuring that after losing my "incident free" discount and tacking on the additional amount it's going to cost now that I'll have a ticket on my record, my insurance will at least double. Between car payment, school, and insurance, the extra $$ won't be feasible within my budget. Guess I'll be back to driving a "4 cylinder" Mustang again. Sucks that when you're doing something stupid you never get caught, but when you're not doing anything wrong and something unexpectedly happens to your vehicle, you get bent over and reamed for all your worth
Old 09-01-2004, 05:57 AM
200HP/L

Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi
Default Re: No more street racing for me - GT may be gone soon as well

Hit anything?

That sucks btw...
Old 09-01-2004, 07:16 AM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

hehe welcome to the club

i wish everything was free
Old 09-01-2004, 07:21 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Take pictures of your tires, especially the front skinnies. Then take pictures of the stock wheels back on. Ask the lawyer to plead for improper equipment fine instead of a moving violation, which would not affect your insurance. Then again, having those pizza cutters on voluntarily would probably be enough to get an improper driving ticket if the judge is having a bad day.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:21 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Originally Posted by Nic
Sucks that when you're doing something stupid you never get caught, but when you're not doing anything wrong and something unexpectedly happens to your vehicle, you get bent over and reamed for all your worth

Karma. It's a bitch.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:24 AM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Not Stock
Take pictures of your tires, especially the front skinnies. Then take pictures of the stock wheels back on. Ask the lawyer to plead for improper equipment fine instead of a moving violation, which would not affect your insurance. Then again, having those pizza cutters on voluntarily would probably be enough to get an improper driving ticket if the judge is having a bad day.

True.that would be better
Old 09-01-2004, 07:25 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Not sure if you would really get rid of the car -- you got rid of the black Mustang and were heartbroken. Project cars are neverending money pits. Stock one is a sweet ride with a warranty.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:36 AM
Stroked N Blown

BlownPony is an unknown quantity at this point

Some insurance places will drop your first ticket.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Settled..

ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN

I have had MANY reckless driving tickets and all have been reduced to improper. The nice thing about that it only stays on there for 2 years!

Reckless stays 11 years
Speeding tickets are 5 years
Improper is 2 years

Insurance wont know what you got improper for unless you tell them. It can be many things. I wouldnt sweat it.

Did you hit anything? Any damage? If not then you got no worries anyways. Insurances only find out about tickets when you give them a reason to pull your record. Most just dont pull records.

And worst case is $50-100 more every 6 months for first ticket. You will be find!
Old 09-01-2004, 04:37 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Originally Posted by ICULOKN
I have had MANY reckless driving tickets and all have been reduced to improper. The nice thing about that it only stays on there for 2 years!

Reckless stays 11 years
Speeding tickets are 5 years
Improper is 2 years

Insurance wont know what you got improper for unless you tell them. It can be many things. I wouldnt sweat it.

Did you hit anything? Any damage? If not then you got no worries anyways. Insurances only find out about tickets when you give them a reason to pull your record. Most just dont pull records.

And worst case is $50-100 more every 6 months for first ticket. You will be find!
I hope you're right.

Quick Reply: No more street racing for me - GT may be gone soon as well