Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

New mods? Let's see...

Old 10-26-2005, 10:43 PM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Question New mods? Let's see...

... if they actually can separate their feelings and duties. Can't be nice to everyone or single anyone out because of disagreements. It's a job. You will have to be the meanie once in awhile.

Those of us with pink usernames will be able to see threads that have been sent to the "blackhole" to help monitor what gets deleted. Checks and balances.

Under what circumstances will you administer each type of punishment? It would be nice to learn this stuff beforehand so that there are no surprises or accusations of discrimination.
  • Post thread reply of public warning
  • Send PM of private warning
  • Delete thread based on what type of content?
  • Close thread deviating from topic
  • Temp ban, and length
  • Permanent ban
  • Request IP block through site admins

Post up.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New mods? Let's see...

i dont think nic will stick to one side. he is one of my best friends, but never hesitates to let me know when im fucking up, and he would ban me in a heart beat.

now kevin on the other hand, he will ban me as soon as terry asks him too.

all this shit to try and control central, like its gonna fix the problem?? yeah maybe you will clean up this part of the forumn, but its not fixing the problem. it actually has a few people alot more pissed off.
everyone in central knows each other, and crosses paths all the time, these people are still reading the forums and just getting more and more pissed because they cant defend themselfs so what do you think is gonna happen?? shit is still gonna get taken care of. thats never gonna get fixed.

all the mods did was make chris and terry feel safer
Old 10-26-2005, 11:00 PM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

Ok, I've been reading central for the past month or so, and I have some impartial feedback. Loco, all you ever do is stir shit up. Seriously. I look for your name as someone who has responded in posts becuase there will ALWAYS be an arguement after you've posted. This occurs every time without fail. I find it hilarious that you think Floda is just going to back Christ and Terry. He's said time and time again that anything he does will be talked about with Nic before hand, so why the fuck would you be so worried?

Everytime you post I get an image of 13 year old girl who's just dying to create drama. You're the girl who know one liked in middle school because she talked about every one behind their backs.

I think perhaps you need to take a step away from the keyboard, and just leave things be for a while. Nic and Floda were the best choices for mods in the Central region, and even someone as thick skulled as you should know that they are not going to be swayed to one side or the other.

Note: I am not from central, I do not know any of these people personally, and I am speaking as an impartial witness to what has been occuring in this regional forum over the past month or so.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:28 PM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

im not worried at all. I know kevin to be fair for the most part, but like I said, he will back chris and terry when need be like he always has.

only shit I try and stir up is with chris and terry cuz I hate them. you can think what you want. I talk NO shit behind anyones backs, if I have something to say about someone I will say it to their faces unlike 90% of drag central.

i dont need to step back from anything. I let shit from people slide on here all the time. I dont pay phil no mind for trying to stir shit up, I pay 69vette no mind cuz hes a faggot, and many others, but I will always have something to say to chris and terry for all the shit they have done, that wont change.
nic was a great choice, and kevin was an ok choice, but he does take sides. I personally think dennis would have been a much better choice. he doesnt take sides no matter what and hell I would prob. have been first on his list to ban. but he would do it for a good reason, not because terry pm'ed him.

your right you know nothing about any of us, so you dont know what \s going on with everyone and chris and terry right now. ALOT of shit is takin place off of drag with these guys, and banning many of them has just made it worse for them.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:53 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Originally Posted by Not Stock
... if they actually can separate their feelings and duties. Can't be nice to everyone or single anyone out because of disagreements. It's a job. You will have to be the meanie once in awhile.

Those of us with pink usernames will be able to see threads that have been sent to the "blackhole" to help monitor what gets deleted. Checks and balances.

Under what circumstances will you administer each type of punishment? It would be nice to learn this stuff beforehand so that there are no surprises or accusations of discrimination.
  • Post thread reply of public warning
  • Send PM of private warning
  • Delete thread based on what type of content?
  • Close thread deviating from topic
  • Temp ban, and length
  • Permanent ban
  • Request IP block through site admins

Post up.
That's a pretty open ended question that could never be answered in a short, idiots guide to posting on dragva. In short, act like you have enough sense to differentiate your ass from a hole in the wall and you won't have to find out.

If this thread turns into an argument, it's getting closed.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:20 AM
Air Cooled Junkie

Squishy is an unknown quantity at this point

Really it sounds to me like LOCO is the only one doing any major complaining. I haven't found a thread yet on this subject that he didn't pose similar arguments. LOCO, just relax and use the forum for what it's intended use is, and no worries. You're spending too much energy here on this.

Now me, I am the evil stepchild - I just came here and apparently that makes me an 05'er, which is cool to me. If the site does not grow, then it stagnates and attrition eventually has its way. Further, I drive an old aircooled VW, and while some think that's cool, lots of others have nothing positive to say, or nothing at all to say. But I live in Central, and would like to get to know some of you guys in the Central area.

Too bad I'm stepping in about the time the tracks are closing for the season. I'll have something for you N/A 4 bangers next season though. Count on it.

I'm glad to see that there is some energy being put into cleaning things up though. Deleting Central is like treating the symptom instead of treating the disease. All these kids bowin' up online.. makes me laugh and remember the good old days when this crap happened only on dial-up bbs's.

Carry on.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:39 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

I dont see how I'll ever prove to Loco that I won't take sides, so I'll let my actions speak louder then words. I am fair, and will be fair.

If everyone plays nice there will be no reason for actions from either of the moderators.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:50 AM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by FlodaSE-R
I dont see how I'll ever prove to Loco that I won't take sides, so I'll let my actions speak louder then words. I am fair, and will be fair.

If everyone plays nice there will be no reason for actions from either of the moderators.
I dont wanna start a flame thread here Kevin. But obviously we know each other and talk on occasion but not everyday or anything.
My question is this...and I only want this 1 question awnsered by LOCO. I really dont care to talk to you about anything else because everybody is fedup of our online duals including myself.

My question
Please show me in 1 instance where floda backed me up, intervened or took my side when we went at it?
Im pretty sure you wont be able to because he NEVER gets involved in my stuff. I have no idea where you get this from??

Oh and btw I would never suggest to floda or for that matter anyone to ban you. Hell I didnt even submit any names to Sung or Soul D for the trouble makers list. And if you ask them they can verify that. The only thing I did was submit my vote for a central Mod and it was Floda.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:58 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I am confident that Nic and kevin will do what is best and their actions always do speak louder than words. I known them both for 3 1/2 years now.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:29 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Lightbulb Re: New mods? Let's see...

Originally Posted by Nic
In short, act like you have enough sense to differentiate your ass from a hole in the wall and you won't have to find out.
Originally Posted by FlodaSE-R
I'd still like a "punishment guide" per se, stating when you do this, the mods are expected to do this. Make it a sticky as a rules supplement with a link to the DragVa rules.

For example:
  1. Threads descending into an argument will be closed.
  2. Street racing is illegal. Posts containing illegal information will be deleted.
  3. Mods will state why a thread is closed/deleted as the last reply in that thread.
  4. Posts made only to instigate another will be met with a warning by a mod's response in the thread.
  5. When a post could be misinterpreted or offend (unintentionally), a mod may request by PM that the person edit their post.
  6. Continued harassment of another member will result in a temp ban of 1 week.
  7. Three warnings by a mod within a week will result in a temp ban of 1 week.
  8. Three temp bans within 6 months will result in a permanent ban.