VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Central VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/)
-   -   New Here, Owner of a blue Monte SS from Midlothian (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/new-here-owner-blue-monte-ss-midlothian-470482/)

AJP 05-17-2013 06:04 PM

New Here, Owner of a blue Monte SS from Midlothian

Hi, My name is Tony. Back in august I bought a Monte Carlo SS with a L69 305 and T-Tops. The car is in great shape and has almost no rust on it. The body is pretty strait other than a few dings and it's a pretty good looking car.

Having an complete inability to leave a car like this stock, I bought a TH350 transmission from Jegs and a B&M TorkMaster 2000 Converter. I also bought a B&M Z-Gate shifter to make the transmission swap easier, a True Dual Exhaust kit from Jegs, and Jegs headers to go along with the dual exhaust. Since I don't want to modify my crossmember I ended up buying a new Jegster TH350 Transmission Crossmember to make the whole swap easier. The car is set up with a Holley 600 CFM Carb, and an Edelbrock Performer EPS Intake, bit other than that it's mostly stock.

Future plans include building a streetable 350 engine with a nice set of heads and a cam, lowering the car about 3 inches, painting it gloss black, and getting a set of 15 inch Weld Prostar wheels, and getting rid of the crappy 7.5 rear and replacing it with an 8.5 10 Bolt from a Grand National or Gbody 442.

Pics of the car as it is now.
Some of my former cars include a GMC Syclone, which I sold due to it rusting out a bit and needing more work than my paycheck can afford. Luckily the guy I sold it to fixed it up and it's looking good again.

I have also owned a 95 Subaru Impreza which was my daily driver, which I sold to get enough money to buy the Monte Carlo. I originally looked into engine swaps for the subaru, including JDM engine swaps, but in the end I went with getting another car for multiple reasons. One being that cops tend to like to pull over imports like my subaru, which was actually cop catcher red and that didn't help, and the other was that it was far more money to do an engine swap on the subaru than it was to just buy a car with more power.

Anyways, been a member for a while, but haven't really posted due to me already being a member of like 5 or 6 other forums. Maybe I'll start posting a bit more after this.

miata_kid 05-17-2013 06:11 PM

New Here, Owner of a blue Monte SS from Midlothian

Clean SS ill own muscle one day or at least something with a v8 😉, but whites really going to look good on this!

AJP 05-17-2013 06:17 PM

Re: New Here, Owner of a blue Monte SS from Midlothian

Thank you.

If you decide to get a muscle car one day, try and get one that's done. I wish that's what I did, because I would have spent a lot less money in the long run.

Also, I just realized I posted this in the wrong section. I should have posted this in the central VA section. Oops. if a mod could move this, that'd be great. Sorry for the trouble.

3Point5SE 05-18-2013 12:50 PM

:thup:

PicovAndropov 05-18-2013 12:53 PM

Whale cum