Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

new(er) ford owners - dealer ? for you

Old 03-30-2005, 08:09 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zx3some is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new(er) ford owners - dealer ? for you

ok, my car is having brake squeal issues and studder problems, however i dont feel that Haley would be a competent dealer to take my car to for this servicing. So - which dealership do you take your car to, and have no competancy issues or PR issues with? Who has less bullcrap coming from service writers? i know that Universal in short pump was good to me when Richmond Ford were being turds, but i live and work on southside.... any suggestions anyone?
Thanks!!
stephanie
Old 03-30-2005, 08:14 AM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T
Default Re: new(er) ford owners - dealer ? for you

Get Nic's pops to work on it. I think he works at Pence.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:56 AM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

the brakes squealing could be from worn out pads...cause on the back of the pad, it has this piece of metal that rubs the roter when the pads are getting low.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:11 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Steph,
There could be alot of issues causing squealing. What kind of squealing? All the time, or only when wet or braking? The studder could, be a resilt of warped rotors, or they didn't correctly do your last brake job(if applicable, such as proper run out of the rotors, cleaning after sanding, brake quiet used, etc).

Also keep in mind that there are alot of smaller shops like Merchants, firestone, etc that wont charge as much for brake work verse a dealer. Also keep in mind some offer warranty that may be better than a dealership. At Merchants, we offer lifetime warranty on pads, and either a 12 month labor warranty or a 24 months labor warranty. Just some info to keep in the back of your head.

I know some of the writers at Richmond Ford were pretty good, mainly Rusty when I worked there. I don't know much about Haley, but I had my car worked on at Sheehy and had no issues with them. There are also many on here that could do it for you correctly as well for a decent price.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:39 AM
Settled..

ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN

Unless its a fault inthe brakes or your car has less than 12,000 miles or one year old, you will probably not get it covered under warranty.

I know a few good writers... How many miles & all are on your car?

Last edited by ICULOKN; 03-30-2005 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:59 AM
Banned

um, ok, i know what hte squealer sounds like when pads are worn, it strarted doin gthis at about 3k miles. right now i sit at about 8400 miles. its not the high pitched squeal typically from the pad low indicator thing. at richmond ford, i used to deal directly with bill molds - serivce magr or something to dick me over with my contour. then they proceed to try to tell me that the reason my ABS light was on and a/c did not work on a zx2 was because i had a remote wire added to the fuse box. HA HA,... took it to universal, they didnt even look at the fuse box, tested the relay under the hood and foudn that was bad.

i have to get a ford dealership to look at it, pence doesnt have a ford dealer that i know of.

the studder issue - the studder seems to be worsening... or becoming more frequent. i even thoguth about just put in the factory airbox etc back int (cause yes it does come with the bullcrap 100k mile filter crap lol) just so they wont blame the intake... how ever if it does not studder (which i highly doubt the probablity of this happening anyways) with the stock intake back on i will be sellin the damned intake lol
Old 03-30-2005, 07:32 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I didn't know your level of expertise, was why I asked the question. Good luck with it.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Originally Posted by zx3some
it strarted doing this at about 3k miles. right now i sit at about 8400 miles.
You are obviously quite concerned.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:20 AM
Banned

sorry woodrow didnt mean to come across rude... i say um a lot lol,

about being concerned.... beign that i know some of the fools that some dealerships hire, yes im reluctant to take my car in for something this minor. i have no confidence in some of the mechanics at Richmond Ford especially, since the fuse box incident, wehn it was completely unrelated to the ABS relay. anyhoo, thanks guys.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:11 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Pence just sold their Ford Dealership (Powhatan). I believe it was sold to Sheehy, which should be taking over April 1st. My dad works at their Suburu/Kia/Nissan/Oldsmobile dealer. I think you're a little overly concerned about the lack of expertise at the dealerships to be quite honest, but if you're really that concerned about it, I'd take the car to Stevie at Sheehy on Midlo.

Quick Reply: new(er) ford owners - dealer ? for you