VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Central VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/)
-   -   Need to vent!! Long story (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/need-vent-long-story-109998/)

psshhhh 09-24-2005 06:20 PM

Need to vent!! Long story

But I have good news (NO its not Geico) From scratch. Needed to fix a oil comsumption problem. So i started breaking down the car. The seat for the guide was cracked. So ihad to find a new head. Found one and got ballos (bad mistake) to port it and transfer all the internals to the new head well finally getting it back put it on the car 2 months later w/ a new turbo set-up car ran ok but needed a downpipe made. had the car towed to the shop. finally got that done. started to drive it around in the parking lot and a knocking started to occur.By this time i have had it so i take it to a shop ( this the very short version. the above took about 2 months) and spend money on new lifters and some other misc things. 2 weeks later found out the assembly on the head was not correct and a valve broke and scarred to piston wall. the block is .30 over so i then had to get not only another head but a new block also.7 weeks later the motor is in the car and it starts to leak. so they put a pressure check on it and guess what!!! :curse: the block they had machined was no good! The day before this happened i was told the car would be ready. so i drive up there to get it and they were looking at me wondering what i was doing there.Come to find out the guy i was talking to the day before got fired and i guess he was just being an ass before he left. So 1 week later they have to order new pistons because the other block is .20 over and they didnt have any .20 over pistons. Another week has past and finally the car is done. TOOOOO Much money later the car is done. Not real happy with the dyno (349 @ wheel) But it is awd and thats at 18psi w/ 93 octane. I will be picking the car up on tuesday so hopefully i will be out next weekend to finally meet some people. Thanks for reading my book about my whole summer. :D

yokojzz30 09-24-2005 06:54 PM

Re: Need to vent!! Long story

damn...dsm im guessing...glad its finally on the road

Jason R 09-24-2005 08:51 PM

awesome. get up with me if you plan on coming out next weekend. :)

TypeRDC5 09-24-2005 10:17 PM

i'v had some issues with my DSM too, someone said befor on here, nice to look at but a BITCH to own! and man are they right!

sohc_mshue 09-24-2005 11:59 PM

Ballos left a ton of metal shavings in my head after resurfacing it.

JDMS1eeper 09-25-2005 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
Ballos left a ton of metal shavings in my head after resurfacing it.

ive heard some stories... :rolleyes: they should tighten up

psshhhh 09-25-2005 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by UNCDooD
awesome. get up with me if you plan on coming out next weekend. :)

I passed you, i think thursday night, in my truck right before you turned on to 295. i was going to honk but you wouldnt have known it was me so i didnt. i'll get up with ya next week.

HighPSI TSi Guy 09-25-2005 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by TypeRDC5
i'v had some issues with my DSM too, someone said befor on here, nice to look at but a BITCH to own! and man are they right!

those fuck-ups were not car specific... go home and get your brain and try again

350 isn't too bad for pump gas and 18 lbs.. what turbo you running?

HatefulMechanic 09-25-2005 01:52 PM

all machine shops leave metal in a head when its surfaced....its up to the installer to make sure its all gone before installation.

some clean them better then others...but its up to the installer to make sure its done right.

sohc_mshue 09-25-2005 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by fc735
all machine shops leave metal in a head when its surfaced....its up to the installer to make sure its all gone before installation.

some clean them better then others...but its up to the installer to make sure its done right.

Honestly i'm sure they could clean it in a matter of a few minutes so why not do it?