Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

NEED/LOOKING FOR Paint Correction and Detailing in Central Area!

Old 08-28-2011, 04:03 PM
SG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C16EFSedan has disabled reputation
Default Re: NEED/LOOKING FOR Paint Correction and Detailing in Central Area!

Irene was a cheap whore. Still need a detailer!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:51 PM
SG

Bump
Old 08-31-2011, 09:28 PM
SG

Gonna try Concours Detailing on west broad tomorrow. Any reviews?
Old 09-03-2011, 07:21 AM
Registered Member

joeyishomer has disabled reputation

Concourse is great but kinda pricey - I have used the detail shop on Broad next to the CarPool at Libbie Place and the Baskins robins - Gina the owner is the bomb and they can make a car look/smell brand new
Old 09-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Registered Member

terrible advice has disabled reputation

thatsfresh is glenn fajota. he's a pro photographer in the 757 area...and he barely has time to sneeze, let alone detail a car.

irrelevant detail
http://www.glennfajota.com/
Old 09-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

SupraTT804 SupraTT804 SupraTT804 SupraTT804 SupraTT804 SupraTT804 SupraTT804 SupraTT804 SupraTT804 SupraTT804 SupraTT804

Did u get the detail? I do sidejobs on Saturdays. I work for Lexus of Richmond pm me if u r interested
Old 09-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

MirandaDetailin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I own a small detailing business on the southside and service most of Richmond. I have only had a few customers that i have done paint correction work for, many in this area don't care about it, so our detailing services do not normally include paint correction work. I use the new Meguiar's Microfiber DA Correction System. It has worked wonders on all the paint finishes I have come across. Like I said I have only done a few correction jobs, not as extensive as some of the Pro Detailer's on some of these forums. But I love this work and each job we do improves our skills and knowledge. I hope you find someone reliable to care for your vehicle.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:55 PM
SG

Originally Posted by SupraTT804
Did u get the detail? I do sidejobs on Saturdays. I work for Lexus of Richmond pm me if u r interested

David this is Joe!! I didnt know if you had compounds and whatnot up there to do moderate paint correction. Just thought you did minor. Lemme know in the next week or so.

Originally Posted by MirandaDetailin
Hi
I own a small detailing business on the southside and service most of Richmond. I have only had a few customers that i have done paint correction work for, many in this area don't care about it, so our detailing services do not normally include paint correction work. I use the new Meguiar's Microfiber DA Correction System. It has worked wonders on all the paint finishes I have come across. Like I said I have only done a few correction jobs, not as extensive as some of the Pro Detailer's on some of these forums. But I love this work and each job we do improves our skills and knowledge. I hope you find someone reliable to care for your vehicle.

I appreciate your time and response. I went and spoke with the guys at Concours Auto Detailing on West Broad across from Richmond BMW and got a lot of info and they were veryyyyyy informative at assuring me that they are the best candidate for the job. Concours currently rents a portion of their building with Virginia Dent and is a one stop shop to getting my dings and small dent out and paint correction all in one place. They were very knowledgeable with their work and even reasonable on price. I am still open for options for any other paint correction places in the Central area but i will assure you it will be hard to top the knowledge and quality of work these guys do!!! Stay tuned!
Old 09-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

MirandaDetailin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by C16EFSedan
David this is Joe!! I didnt know if you had compounds and whatnot up there to do moderate paint correction. Just thought you did minor. Lemme know in the next week or so.

I appreciate your time and response. I went and spoke with the guys at Concours Auto Detailing on West Broad across from Richmond BMW and got a lot of info and they were veryyyyyy informative at assuring me that they are the best candidate for the job. Concours currently rents a portion of their building with Virginia Dent and is a one stop shop to getting my dings and small dent out and paint correction all in one place. They were very knowledgeable with their work and even reasonable on price. I am still open for options for any other paint correction places in the Central area but i will assure you it will be hard to top the knowledge and quality of work these guys do!!! Stay tuned!
I hope they do good work, I have had a few customers that were not satisfied with their work. Mainly because some of the employees did not know how to polish paint correctly, leaving buffer trails and holograms. But definitely have the most skilled and knowledgeable person ACTUALLY work on the car, not just a bunch of employees. The holograms may not show up at first depending on the color, but after a few washes they may appear. Ask how they do the process, do they refine the paint using a DA to remove swirls and holograms or do they use a rotary only? With the new paint correction systems out available, rotary correction is not necessarily the only way to go. Just some things to keep in mind.
Hope everything goes well!
We will stay tuned.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin

Hey Joe, don't know if you've gone with someone else or not, but check out www.autotopia.org A lot of GREAT detailers, and they have a local section on the forum you could post in.