Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need legal advice... (gun confiscated in Richmond city)

Old 12-04-2010, 11:46 PM
:Uses Ninja-Focus:

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath
Default Need legal advice... (gun confiscated in Richmond city)

Ok so... long story short:

Was in Richmond earlier tonight @ a friends house party off W. Marshall st. Cops showed up responding to a shots fired/gun sighting call that was actually up the street. ( I guess they saw the party and came there to investigate ).

I was there carrying a 9mm on my hip in the open because I don't have a concealed permit, trying to be responsible i took the gun out my holster and hid it in my backpack in a friends closet along with my beer. I got too wasted and decided to get my girl to drive me home n then i found out the house got raided looking for a weapon, and ironically find mine.

So in the morning im going to call the police station and tell them what happened, but am I looking @ any charges?

I don't see how i can get a concealed weapon charge because I didnt have it on my person, nor did i want to have it out in the open @ a house party.

Any suggestions? Other than the obvious.. yeah next time i'll leave it in the car.

EDIT:I have no idea how or why the police was able to go about through the house as they pleased searching like they did.. I know the home owners didn't give consent because they all smoke weed and have plenty of illegal things in there... ??
Old 12-05-2010, 12:17 AM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM
Default Re: Need legal advice... (gun confiscated in Richmond city)

Originally Posted by JDMtoDeath
Ok so... long story short:

Was in Richmond earlier tonight @ a friends house party off W. Marshall st. Cops showed up responding to a shots fired/gun sighting call that was actually up the street. ( I guess they saw the party and came there to investigate ).

I was there carrying a 9mm on my hip in the open because I don't have a concealed permit, trying to be responsible i took the gun out my holster and hid it in my backpack in a friends closet along with my beer. I got too wasted and decided to get my girl to drive me home n then i found out the house got raided looking for a weapon, and ironically find mine.

So in the morning im going to call the police station and tell them what happened, but am I looking @ any charges?

I don't see how i can get a concealed weapon charge because I didnt have it on my person, nor did i want to have it out in the open @ a house party.

Any suggestions? Other than the obvious.. yeah next time i'll leave it in the car.

EDIT:I have no idea how or why the police was able to go about through the house as they pleased searching like they did.. I know the home owners didn't give consent because they all smoke weed and have plenty of illegal things in there... ??
the whole party situation is weird.. the most common party mistake, the home owner doesn't answer the door. some unknown person lets them in, if they see/smell weed, bongs, anything illegal out in the open that gives them a cause.

im not a lawyer, so i can't speak on anything else.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:22 AM

JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath

Originally Posted by DOOM
the whole party situation is weird.. the most common party mistake, the home owner doesn't answer the door. some unknown person lets them in, if they see/smell weed, bongs, anything illegal out in the open that gives them a cause.

im not a lawyer, so i can't speak on anything else.
Idk to be honest the whole situation is sketchy.. there was a fight up the street and shots were fired i guess it was people who left the party. But like i said i plan on calling the police station and then going up there to find out wtf the situation is I just hope i don't fall victim to crooked ass richmond city cops. Once they test the gun for GSR and my hands they'll know i did nothing wrong and didn't fire any shots, noone even saw the gun.

Another piece of info idk if its important but there was a loaded clip in the gun and an extra loaded clip in the bag.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:32 AM
ON ONE

LIL-BUSA has disabled reputation

Funny shit. But you will be fine. They will test the gun and then return it if you didn't fire the shots. They can't keep your gun.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by LIL-BUSA
Funny shit. But you will be fine. They will test the gun and then return it if you didn't fire the shots. They can't keep your gun.
Might be funny afterwards but im pissed.. ppl don't know how to fuckin deal with police. I damn sure wouldn't let the police freely rummage through my shit, and damn sure wouldn't have allowed random ppl in my house.

Should of just left it in the damn car..
Old 12-06-2010, 04:04 AM
Registered member

Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2

Originally Posted by JDMtoDeath
Might be funny afterwards but im pissed.. ppl don't know how to fuckin deal with police. I damn sure wouldn't let the police freely rummage through my shit, and damn sure wouldn't have allowed random ppl in my house.

Should of just left it in the damn car..
Im sure you will be fine, but did you really think it was a good idea to bring a loaded gun into a house filled with drunk assholes? This could have ended up much worse than it did. Why did you even have a gun with you at a party?
Old 12-06-2010, 04:37 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

So you were carrying a firearm and drinking beer or did you hide a loaded gun in a house where "they all smoke weed and have plenty of illegal things in there" because you wanted to get drunk and not get caught with a gun?

You are too stupid to own a gun.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:40 AM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
So you were carrying a firearm and drinking beer or did you hide a loaded gun in a house where "they all smoke weed and have plenty of illegal things in there" because you wanted to get drunk and not get caught with a gun?

You are too stupid to own a gun.
herpaderp.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:44 AM
Registered Member

Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost

trying to be like CJ?
Old 12-06-2010, 05:00 AM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

You want legal advice? Hire a lawyer.

Quick Reply: Need legal advice... (gun confiscated in Richmond city)