VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Central VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/)
-   -   Need help today... replace gasket between mani and turbo (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/need-help-today-replace-gasket-between-mani-turbo-179378/)

GoldenLeg13 03-12-2007 11:07 AM

Need help today... replace gasket between mani and turbo

Any other time I would do it or get my mechanic to do it but he's busy today and I don't have the tools nor the patience:p

Basically I have been putting this off for a while. Today when I went to the courthouse to pay a ticket, the car started sounding loud as shit. I knew exactly what it was. Parked, popped the hood, noticed about a 1in gap between the mani and the turbo with half of the gasket blown away:(

So right now im basically running open header. Yea, that was fun leaving the chesterfield courthouse, then all the way down courthouse rd:rolleyes:

Reply here or call my cell (432-8809) if you can do this and let me know how much your gonna charge. Its a bottom mount manifold but not too hard to get to.

Thanks guys

RCR Roscoe 03-12-2007 01:44 PM

Re: Need help today... replace gasket between mani and turbo

pmed

GoldenLeg13 03-12-2007 02:54 PM

Thanks for all of the replies guys:)
I went ahead and took it to my work and snuck it on a lift:p
Got the gasket replaced and solved 2, yes you heard correctly, 2 boost leaks.:D

Nic 03-13-2007 05:42 AM

It's still a turd! :fu:

GoldenLeg13 03-13-2007 05:51 AM

Yea, but now it's a quiet turd:p

ONECAM 03-13-2007 06:34 AM

Glad you got it fixed man. I woulda helped you that day I saw you at the carwash. Bet its alot nicer now!

240trainee 03-13-2007 07:27 AM

Did you tackweld those studs/ a little jb weld/ something? because they are probably going to back out again if you didn't.

IanR 03-13-2007 09:13 AM

I don't understand that...ppl always say that their turbos fall off...i've had mine off 3-4 times and it's never backed off before

240trainee 03-13-2007 09:24 AM

I didn't have that problem on my last engine, but I figured I'd throw that in, as it seems to be a common occurance.

GoldenLeg13 03-13-2007 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by 240trainee (Post 2902222)
Did you tackweld those studs/ a little jb weld/ something? because they are probably going to back out again if you didn't.

Im going to look into that when I switch out manifolds. Right now im saving for a Core Performance top mount mani.

And I think the reason why the bolts backed of is because whoever put this turbo setup on did not use lock nuts/washers. I made sure that was changed.