Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need help rebuilding Dustins Recovered Coupe!

Old 06-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Body In Trunk.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need help rebuilding Dustins Recovered Coupe!

OK as most anyone who reads this section knows some sorry pieces of shit stole this car a a couple weeks ago, i am not getting into the details but this car was most likely on its way to the scrapyard with no other hope. Cant have that can we! hell no.. Its pretty much jacked the hell up and all we were left with is a bare rolling shell thats been trashed even further with some sort of industrial stripper. So after a few phone calls by some friends we managed to convince dustin to let us get his car from the tow lot and try to get it back into shape. Keebler, Richard and a few others are offering up the labor, there were quite a few needed items already sitting around the shop (SS Automotive) that will help kick off the rebuild but the response is just a day from the community has been unreal! people have been hookin us up with parts left and right to get this goin so here is the list of whats needed and what we already have. PLEASE if ya got any of this stuff layin around and would like to help let me know!

What we have to work with at this point (will update as parts come in)
d16z6, trans, p28, misc wiring, much of the interior, sideskirts & misc body parts (ss auto has a wrecked EG 4 door thats giving up alotta useful parts)
misc needed turbo parts, tuning! (thanks Matt Shue!)
set of older tsw wheels (thanks Tim!)
walbro 255 (thanks Bruce!)
FMIC, Mirrors, corners, strut bar, earl filter, and paint work (thanks Marcus!)
lowering springs & earl (thanks Pip @ Adrenaline!)
package tray, tails, rear interior panels (thanks bmw-m!)

Even a cople local shops are helpin with this. i spoke with Kyle @ RPM today and hes hookin the car up with an alarm system to hopefully help prevent another theft and hopefully i can talk him into some tint as well I also spoke with Pip @ adrenaline autoworks and he asked me to please get him a list of what we need asap so i am confident they will hook us up with some of the needed parts! Any other shops are welcome and encouraged to help out any way they can!

Here is the needed list witch is sure to grow quickly
obd1 vtec engine harness <--- ASAP!!
some sorta suspension? we have springs but need struts swaybars?
tires for 15" wheels
front and rear bumper covers
passanger side or even better a matching set of fenders got a solid lead on these.
hood (have a lead on a CF one but not a done deal yet)
misc rubber for the body (damaged from solvent)
headlights & tails w/ sides and turns. (everything) we have the tails now
misc chargepipes
ANY d series stuff
clutch kit
axles
hell anything else ya got that may be useful

A post like this is worthelss without pics so here are a few to get ya an idea of the mess he was left with

How it looked when it got here.

Last edited by RCR Roscoe; 06-20-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help rebuilding Dustins Recovered Coupe!

A few shots of new (to the car) parts

Doner cars FTW!

And lastly a little progress

Old 06-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

what did it look like before the theft??
Old 06-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Body In Trunk.

Originally Posted by madsteez
what did it look like before the theft??
Bunch of pics of it here: https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/stolen-ej1-d15b-turbo-240384/
Old 06-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

Ninja11 has disabled reputation

wow the progress is looking good. i think you guys are doing an amazing thing for him. im an underfunded teen but if there is anything that i can do let me know. have you called woofin for some of the body parts? i know they overcharge on everything, but if you explain the circumstances maybe they would donate some things, they sure do have a bunch of stuff sitting in that yard...
Old 06-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Banned

soloboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ninja11
wow the progress is looking good. i think you guys are doing an amazing thing for him. im an underfunded teen but if there is anything that i can do let me know. have you called woofin for some of the body parts? i know they overcharge on everything, but if you explain the circumstances maybe they would donate some things, they sure do have a bunch of stuff sitting in that yard...
yeah they charge out the ass.. but yeah getting there, I dont think I have anything of a eg in the garage, I know I got a few things for a ek and ef tho lol
Old 06-18-2008, 08:47 PM

D-Rizzle has disabled reputation

Yeah it definatley sucks that shit happened, but luckily there are good friends and new friends willing to help you when your down.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:01 PM

Turbosh!tbox has disabled reputation

I have a set of neuspeed springs there yours if you want em Ill see what else I got for ya shoot me a PM
Old 06-18-2008, 11:55 PM
I Mierda en usted!

z-dotcom has disabled reputation

hell good luck with everything dustin with Roscoe helping you out that things gonna be faster then it ever was, Ill give yall some help Saturday and try to hustle you up some parts for cheap/free Ill see what I can do. Best bet for some body pieces maybe certifit there stuff is very cheap and affordable. Also Ill give you a JVC CD player Ive got laying around with a Honda Harness (already prewired to put into a civic). And Im sure Ive got some speakers too.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:05 AM
TSSSSSSSSSSS

MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos

I don't have a coupe

Quick Reply: Need help rebuilding Dustins Recovered Coupe!