Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need good Machine shop in the Richmond area

Old 06-03-2009, 06:10 PM
World Famous VF-14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to behold
Default Need good Machine shop in the Richmond area

For some work on a honda block...got a b20A5 I gotta rebuild for a guy and need a place I can trust to do quality work, had one place I THOUGHT I could, but tried em twice for some small stuff and they couldn't even get that shit right so I'm not gonna take any big stuff to em. Closer to the west side of Richmond the better.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:30 PM
SG

C16EFSedan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need good Machine shop in the Richmond area

Mundys Machine on hull st. Or Ballos Machine off hilliard rd.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Settled..

ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN

Originally Posted by crushdurnissan
Mundys Machine on hull st. Or Ballos Machine off hilliard rd.

Those do well and also NAPA on Chamb Ave.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:15 PM
World Famous VF-14

fullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to behold

ballos is the one I Don't trust, they have screwed up twice. I'll check out the other place. Really didn't want to call out any names, but , Since it was suggested.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:11 PM
SG

C16EFSedan has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by fullsize fun
ballos is the one I Don't trust, they have screwed up twice. I'll check out the other place. Really didn't want to call out any names, but , Since it was suggested.
Personally i have never used Ballos but have heard nothing but good reviews from close friends.

Mundys i have used and always does good work. Shop is not much to look at. But damn if that man cant machine his life away!
Old 06-04-2009, 03:15 AM
Registered Member

Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS

I took my LS1 to citizens machine shop near richmond airport, they've done stuff for me and where I work for a while, haven't had a problem yet.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:10 AM
RVA

C16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these parts

Adrenaline Autoworks off Hull, Or Ballos Machine my uncle Mike works there I trust indeed
Old 06-04-2009, 01:31 PM
World Famous VF-14

Originally Posted by ItsBigT
Adrenaline Autoworks off Hull, Or Ballos Machine my uncle Mike works there I trust indeed

Had those tapped at ballos,That broke off like butter , they had the studs so it wasn't a case of wrong side threads, second job I'd had done there, first was a intake I had em weld up, told me it had been pressure checked, took it home, installed it, car smoked like a steam engine , turns out there was a hole right next to the one I had welded up, that If it HAD been pressure checked like I was TOLD would have been found very easily, as there was never even any pressure on the cooling system, never got to put the cap on the radiator before it started smoking. I really liked the guys and REALLY wanted to make em my go to place , but I can't afford to get burned a 3rd time especially on a customer project, not my own.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

clarkeg2002 has disabled reputation

davis machine shop off hull street
Old 06-04-2009, 03:15 PM
World Famous VF-14

Thanks I'll check these other guys out next week.

Quick Reply: Need good Machine shop in the Richmond area