Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

my first time at the drag strip

Old 03-19-2004, 11:20 PM
DILLIGAF?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BadBeck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default my first time at the drag strip

........WAS KICK ASS.

i about had an orgasm when i saw a 9.5 second car.......had multiples when i saw the bikes do like 9 second times at 100 some miles per hour. it was an incredible thing to see the fast cars go whizzing by with alll the noise and just....yeah. i liked it very much. saw a lot of stangs go through that had some low #'s on them. impressive stuff.

my friend with his wrx placed runner up (4th or something) in the bracket competition (?). dunno much bout it but i thought taking home a trophy his first time drag racing was pretty good. he ran a 13.7 mostly then at the end a 13.4 which wasn't consistent so he got booted a spot. someone explain how all that works if they have time.. one of my other friends w/ an s2k ran a 14.3 bone stock his first time owning the car which i also thought wasn't too bad with all the shit he had piled in it.

but i' look forward to seeing some of you out there this summer.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:38 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: my first time at the drag strip

what exactly do you want "explained"?

Last edited by HighPSI TSi Guy; 03-20-2004 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:43 AM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

i think she is talking about howhe ran 13'7s all night and was winning then he ran a 13.4 and got bumped back,

Basically beck, you get a few test and tune runs in to tune you car and dial in a time. you dial in a time you think you will run closest to all night. lets say he dialed in a 13.70 and he was running that or maybe just a hair off of that, then he is doing good, and he keeps shooting for 13.70 even if he can run faster. he ran a 13.4 which in drag raceing is pretty far from a 13.7 therefor he got bumped back. best way I could explain it lol,
someone else jump in at any time
Old 03-20-2004, 03:41 AM
DILLIGAF?

thx daniel-i guess it just means you really have to know your car well to dial-in something close to whaty ou think you'll get so you can be consistent all ngiht. i've just always had the probably common misconception that the object was just to go as fast as possible every run like in autox'ing (w/o knocking shit over). this puts a slightly different spin on it now, though.

btw, the winner was a dodge diplomat at 18.08. go figure eh? if that wasnt the most perplexing thing i've ever seen....
Old 03-20-2004, 03:46 AM
DILLIGAF?

err lemme correct myself before i look entirely stupid-it may have been a 13.74 instead of 13.4 on his last run-i knew it was a 5 of somethin off i guess .05 makes more sense than an entire half second.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:49 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

In a nutshell:

Before eliminations start, you get a few time trials to test, tune, and basically dial your car in. The object is to run as close to the dial-in as possible without running faster. If you run faster, it's called breaking out. Essentially, you're disqualified. Another big factor in who wins/loses is your reaction time. Most races are won at the tree, not at the big end of the track. There's .5 seconds in between each yellow light and finally the green light. The object at the tree is to come as close as possibile to taking off right as the green bulb lights up. If you leave before it comes on, it's called red lighting and you're also disqualified. I'll be at VMP next friday night if you want to come out and pick up a few pointers.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:39 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Glad you had fun out there. Race your car in the bracket competitions. Doesn't matter how fast you are, just how consistent.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:04 AM
DILLIGAF?

i'm not racing my car. period. hearing an import go down the strip almost breaks my heart.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:11 AM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

my imports gonna sound good at the track..

Old 03-20-2004, 11:30 AM
DILLIGAF?

hehe dustin its gonna sound like an angry yellowjacket..... bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz whiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

Quick Reply: my first time at the drag strip