Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Moving a buddy of mine, any helpers?

Old 09-08-2005, 02:48 PM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Post Moving a buddy of mine, any helpers?

A buddy of mine moved up to Brooklyn and wants to sell his house, the furniture, Mercedes, etc. He's not going to be in town (or the country) near the end of the month and has asked me for some help. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking of having him place a newspaper ad for a garage sale with furniture items to get some attention then placing the stuff in the driveway for the sale on maybe a Saturday morning. Could use some help on a Friday night to move items into the garage. Helpers get first dibs, and the stuff will be priced to go quickly. He's got some high quality stuff but no need for it.

Whatever doesn't sell and some reserved additional items would need to be placed into a storage unit at the place by Parham and Woodman. The house is a single story, two bedroom so you can imagine it's not a big task. I've got a truck and trailer but for less than $30 we could get a nice U-Haul with in-town mileage for the entire day.

I'll post up with add'l details as they become avail. Oh, and he's also willing to offer his Mercedes to someone who helps for about $13k. Yeah, only $13k. Resell it if you want, that thing is mint (and sitting in front of my house now).