Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

lowering car, seeking help with install

Old 02-12-2016, 03:27 PM
Indelible Anomaly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon
Default Re: lowering car, seeking help with install

Graynb. all you need is a wrench set, and some stands. most assemblies can come out in one peice without shooting a hole in someone's head. spring compressors are for when just replacing springs.

call me old fashioned, but people who can't install coil overs and set them (unless physically handicapped), probably should just drive stock cars, or buy a corvette or something performance oriented out of the box.

I was at pep boys looking for AN fittings, and this obama guy wants to "hook" up his 95 caprice... and the salesman starts him off with sparkplug wires.. (i know right?).. and the dudebruh asks how much to install........ you see where i'm going with this? lesson of the story is don't look like a douche dripping with slimey vinegar. it will be on the interwebs.

i'm 100% certain there are DIY's on H/A forums. most of the time with pics. and if it isn't on ALL DATA PRO... shops can basically come up with any hours labor charge they want. 3 hours per strut.. hey why not.

1) base tein coil overs aren't much better than good strut/shocks and springs... search
2) good coil overs will be over $2k, so $600 really a big issue for you?
3) have you ridden in a car with settings at lowest? do you know what damp rates you have? the harshness is not for everyone
4) what other suspension components do you have to compliment your purchase?
5) do these same shops provide alignments on lowered vehicles? that can be pricey too... maybe not $600.. but since thats an armbreaker for you.... maybe something to consider.... you most likely will go through tires especially if you are a camberfaggot. (are you?)

6) if you live in downtown richmond.... why are you lowering your car... lol. them broad street bus stops gonna love you.

Last edited by RatchetGoon; 02-12-2016 at 03:31 PM.