VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Central VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/)
-   -   lowering car, seeking help with install (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/lowering-car-seeking-help-install-490745/)

graynb 02-08-2016 07:10 PM

lowering car, seeking help with install

Sorry if this is located somewhere in the forum already.. I'm looking to lower my car soon, ordering coilovers whenever my tax return comes in!

what is a good price to pay a shop and what are some good shops (within a 30 min drive from downtown richmond would be awesome but i'm not limited to that)

Or is there anyone with mechanical experience willing to help out for a cheaper price then a shop

Any advice or help is appreciated

Car is a 04 Acura tl, going with Tein Basic Coilovers

RatchetGoon 02-09-2016 07:12 AM

Re: lowering car, seeking help with install

$4000 is a good price to give the shop.

Yardjass 02-09-2016 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by RatchetGoon (Post 8369348)
$4000 is a good price to give the shop.

$4000 is the going rate and I don't trust that work to anyone except for Michael Hawk at MikeHawkBuilt. I would definitely hit him up and book an appointment. He'll probably even hook you up and do it for $3000 like he did last time for me.

RatchetGoon 02-09-2016 12:47 PM

Mike Hawk got dat hook up yo.

graynb 02-10-2016 02:30 PM

well since you didn't specify.. 4,000 pennies sounds like a great deal to me!

Yardjass 02-10-2016 03:34 PM

"$" is not a penny sign but with an attitude like that I'm sure your shit will be falling off before you can even drive it home from whatever shithole agrees to install them.

graynb 02-10-2016 05:24 PM

My attitude? before I say anything that might come across as rude, I only said that because there is no way I would pay 4 grand to install some coilovers, so I thought you guys were just being dicks and giving me a smart ass reply unless your being serious (which I highly doubt)

Yardjass 02-11-2016 03:13 AM

We are being super serious.

graynb 02-12-2016 01:39 PM

where are you getting a number like that? (I have the parts already btw) so this is just installing... I looked on Acura forums and while they weren't in richmond they were in metropolitan areas and the highest I saw was like 600..

A perso who works on cars for a living and has all the tools he needs (which a shop would) should be able to install coilovers in like 3 maybe 4 hours tops...

4000 in just labor sounds ablsoutely carzy, do you mind helping see where that number is coming from?

Yardjass 02-12-2016 03:03 PM

Oh, no that includes picking out the parts and buying the coilovers within a certain price range.