Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Local ClearBra Install..

Old 05-20-2008, 03:48 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IrfanM96 has disabled reputation
Default Local ClearBra Install..

We're all waiting for that stimulus check.. I think I'd do something nice for my MZ3 and buy some 3M ClearBra. I was wondering if anyone knew where I may get the labor portion done inexpensively around the Richmond area. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:47 AM
Registered Member

teamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Local ClearBra Install..

I always drive by Concours detailing on Broad St and they do it.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Concours
Old 05-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Registered member

evan matthews has disabled reputation

Dropped the Audi off at RPM for 3m clear bra today.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Registered member

how much, do they clean the exterior first? claybar etc? how much coverage?thanks.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:51 PM
FTW

GuNnErgOd is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes we(Concours) clean the exterior where the film will be placed. Hood, fenders, bumper and mirrors are $650. Add on $100 bucks for the headlights.

As far as coverage, it really depends on the car. 3M has kits that are designed to cover the areas that are most vulnerable. Depending on how much money you want to spend you can cover pretty much any part of the car. A guy I work with has some on his spoiler to prevent water spots and the owner has 17 pieces on his truck, including one underneath the gas cap to prevent scratching when it hangs there. Most people stick with the general coverage though.

There is also a warranty offered through the shop on actual application of the film and another warranty on the actual film itself through 3M.

I know this might sound expensive( it does to me at least), but you really do get what you pay for..

By the way I just work there, so this is my honest opinion, I make no money whether you come in or not.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:53 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by GuNnErgOd
Yes we(Concours) clean the exterior where the film will be placed. Hood, fenders, bumper and mirrors are $650. Add on $100 bucks for the headlights.

As far as coverage, it really depends on the car. 3M has kits that are designed to cover the areas that are most vulnerable. Depending on how much money you want to spend you can cover pretty much any part of the car. A guy I work with has some on his spoiler to prevent water spots and the owner has 17 pieces on his truck, including one underneath the gas cap to prevent scratching when it hangs there. Most people stick with the general coverage though.

There is also a warranty offered through the shop on actual application of the film and another warranty on the actual film itself through 3M.

I know this might sound expensive( it does to me at least), but you really do get what you pay for..

By the way I just work there, so this is my honest opinion, I make no money whether you come in or not.
Sweet, I left you guys a message about the Mazda3 last week. No answer.. its all good. Do you guys claybar it though? I like the idea of having it under the gas cap too, since I do come across that problem. I'll probably roll by sometime soon for a solid quote. How long do you guys have to keep the car for?
Old 05-29-2008, 08:49 PM
FTW

GuNnErgOd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IrfanM96
Sweet, I left you guys a message about the Mazda3 last week. No answer.. its all good. Do you guys claybar it though? I like the idea of having it under the gas cap too, since I do come across that problem. I'll probably roll by sometime soon for a solid quote. How long do you guys have to keep the car for?
Usually takes a solid days work. Drop it off at 8 and pick it up at 5. I'm not sure how often messages are checked, your best bet would be to call between 7:30-6:00 M-F. If you want the area clay bar'ed that would be perfectly fine, just make sure to mention it to Lewis(owner) and he will make it happen. I'm pretty sure we do it anyways but I don't do the actual install so I'm not sure.