Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Local builder of Factory Five cars?

Old 06-22-2005, 07:41 PM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Local builder of Factory Five cars?

There is a local builder somewhere in the West End, maybe Lauderdale or Pump Rd between Broad and Patterson Rd. Can't remember his name or exact address, but I thought he lived 1 parallel street off of Lauderdale or Pump Rd.

Would like to talk to him about Factory Five kits, drivelines, and title'ing issues. Have an idea. Nic, not a single sugary peep about my idea!
Old 06-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default Re: Local builder of Factory Five cars?

The only bulider that I've heard of for FF's around here is in the Hanover Air Park. Marcus Motorsports. The place you may have seen a few FF's sitting is Mike Morris', aka Cantebury Texaco. At least his location is close to where you pinpointed. He maintains a few for customers, plus they sit at our shop quite a few days out of the year.

Factory Five's are extremely simple and direct, so I am curious what questions you have. I might be able to answer them.

Not that it's a hard guess, but I believe sticking a 4v with a TKO in a FF would not be a direct fit. I can ask the right people if thats your plan. It's simple, since it's a 5.0 donor receptiant, usually whatever it takes to put a 4v in a 5.0 car would be the same for a FF, but then cut the engine bay room in half and presto, easy as that.

Anywho...contact info:

Marcus Motorsports
info@marcus-motorsports.com
Old 06-23-2005, 05:24 AM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

build a brock coupe
Old 06-27-2005, 10:17 PM
Registered Member

mAydAy is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I know of someone that lived out there that built one and sold it but doesn't really build them for customers. Canterbury Texaco is right at Patterson and Pump, and I know they work on alot of them.

-Andy
Old 06-28-2005, 04:18 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Thanks for the input. I am not interested in the Shelby Cobra kits, as they are becoming a bit too common. Definitely want something with a targa top but certainly unique. The Brock Coupe is cool, except for the tail end. Wanted some advice on what to expect from kit manufacturers and problems that they have encountered. Have seen a few at shows in which they were kits titled as 1965 models to escape certain legal restrictions.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:17 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Originally Posted by Not Stock
I am not interested in the Shelby Cobra kits, as they are becoming a bit too common. Definitely want something with a targa top but certainly unique.
Factory Five doesn't make anything with a "targa" top. ???

The Brock Coupe is cool, except for the tail end.
If you dont like the tail end of a Daytona Coupe then I deem you 100% homosexual and anything but a true racing enthusaists. The cars styling is legendary.

Wanted some advice on what to expect from kit manufacturers and problems that they have encountered.
There are tons of complete idiots that build FFR cars from a handful of tools and no know-how. But rest easy, the manuals are detailed too. FFR has been around so long there are no surprises. If you are looking towards other kits you are going to get what you pay for and I wouldnt expect much.

Have seen a few at shows in which they were kits titled as 1965 models to escape certain legal restrictions.
That is 100% illegal as told to me by Virginia's leading DMV investigator, Officer Parrish. Car was made in 2005, it's a 2005. Obviously you cannot run historic tags on a FF either, illegal.

On to another maker, Superformance. They are pieces of shit. The build quality is nice, but the powertrain makes half the power it's supposed to and will eject rods if you take them over 5,000 miles and actually intend to rev them past 4,000rpms. Plus the clutches come apart and the drivetrain is noisy. Not good noisy, but "I'm about to fall apart" noisy. This all coming in at just under $100k.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:29 AM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

Ginetta god damn it. You won't have mister cool V8, but damn it'll still be fast as fuck and very unique. On another note, one more year and I think I can rock historic plates on the Ranger. Hotness.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:56 AM
superuser

Originally Posted by FlodaSE-R
That is 100% illegal as told to me by Virginia's leading DMV investigator, Officer Parrish. Car was made in 2005, it's a 2005. Obviously you cannot run historic tags on a FF either, illegal.
That's what I've come to understand working with the State Police, but have seen a few at car shows with historic tags. Wondering how they got by the title'ing restrictions. Obviously there are exhaust benefits from having historic tags.

My brother had a FF coupe and let me drive it twice. His wife made him sell it. Boo! Nice cars, but I'm looking for a targa top with the build quality of Factory Five. There is one model in particular I am looking at, but I'd like to keep that under wraps.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Not Stock
That's what I've come to understand working with the State Police, but have seen a few at car shows with historic tags. Wondering how they got by the title'ing restrictions. Obviously there are exhaust benefits from having historic tags.
Historic tags on a "new" car is just illegal. They are getting away with it much like how I got away with owning 4 cars and one set of tags. They/I just don't care.

Also, historic tags doesn't cover noise pollution, so either way your fucked if you wana run side pipes.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

Not that cops ever pull Cobra replicas or anything with a V8.

Quick Reply: Local builder of Factory Five cars?