VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Central VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/)
-   -   ISO: Reputable Honda/Acura repair shop (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/iso-reputable-honda-acura-repair-shop-491252/)

Mesto 11-30-2016 11:53 AM

ISO: Reputable Honda/Acura repair shop

Hey guys I am in search of a reputable Honda/accord repair shop

I have a 2001 Honda accord 4cyl that I recently bought it had 255k however the engine in it now currently sits at 234k

Bought the car two months ago and had no issues however after I went to massanutten I've been having some issues with my radiator and or god forbid a early head gasket problem.. I believe

the overfill Reservoir was overfilled and my temp gauges would reflect that it was overheating it doesn't go all the way to the H however it was going up slowly until I started driving again and I just want to figure out how much to replace water pump, timing belt, and possibly head gasket if it may be a head gasket problem so please list some good shops..

And hopefully cheap too lol..

I am in the Richmond VA area county of Chesterfield..

Looking for some good honest mechanics that can diagnose and fix the problem..

Thanks hope I am not breaking any rules..

Niburu 12-01-2016 10:24 AM

Re: ISO: Reputable Honda/Acura repair shop

I'd make sure the radiator fan is working first off, as you mentioned it started cooling down when you were moving.

Mesto 12-02-2016 01:58 PM

Had a buddy of mine take a look at it and he had a pressure tester he checked the radiator and no leaks found.. hes starting to think I have a thermostat going bad because the fans kick on and off when they're supposed too

Its weird because I'm having to add coolant at times he doesn't think it's a head gasket but I would still like an overall diagnostic done.

Any shops you can recommend? That can possibly also swap out engines and trannys in my vehicle and I'm trying to also convert my 4 lug to 5 lug but the proper way cause as it sits I can only use wheels that have 4 x 114.3 I would like to switch to a legit 5 lug setup..

Like If I do get it checked and they find something whatever I spend on the diagnostic hopefully they can remove that from whatever costs may arise

Thanks!

smilin dave 12-03-2016 09:39 AM

Wallace Automotive in Midlothian.
Regards
Dave

Niburu 12-05-2016 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mesto (Post 8373353)
Had a buddy of mine take a look at it and he had a pressure tester he checked the radiator and no leaks found.. hes starting to think I have a thermostat going bad because the fans kick on and off when they're supposed too

the thermostat is the next culprit in line
if replacing that doesn't fix it
your water pump may be going

Are you getting any overflow out of your overflow tank?

Mesto 12-21-2016 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by smilin dave (Post 8373355)
Wallace Automotive in Midlothian.
Regards
Dave

Thanks someone also recommended them too me!!

Originally Posted by Niburu (Post 8373361)
the thermostat is the next culprit in line
if replacing that doesn't fix it
your water pump may be going

Are you getting any overflow out of your overflow tank?

I was like that's when I noticed a slight problem because the overflow tank was completely filled to the brim with coolant took the radiator cap off and no coolant so after he did the pressure test on the radiator found no leaks we refilled and haven't had any issues since..

I'm thinking it's a possible bad thermostat I'll yank one off at the junk yard and waterpump just in case