Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Im in TOTAL SHOCK

Old 06-11-2004, 06:34 AM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Im in TOTAL SHOCK

Stop wondering why the person you knew from your past committed the acts of the person you read about now. Let it go, Jenn, people change and not always for the better.

Watch for the "warning signs" you've mentioned and ensure that your current friends do not follow the same destructive path.

Elsabeth Kubler-Ross defined the well known "5 Stages of Receiving Catastrophic News": Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:51 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

[06-11 12:02] badbeck2002: wow. congratulations on reaching level 402 of asshole'dness.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Grrrr...

Y2K Z24 is an unknown quantity at this point

They have him now
Old 06-12-2004, 05:11 AM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

crazy shit
Old 06-12-2004, 08:42 AM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

damnit I guess he didn't kill himself
Old 06-12-2004, 11:07 AM
ur hot now go away

1TZ JENN has disabled reputation

Rich im far from denial, i accept what hes done I just dont understand his motive. but you can label me how ever you like.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:07 AM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 1TZ JENN
Drugs can make you not think

they can also make you forget to finish your senten......
Old 06-13-2004, 11:44 AM
superuser

Originally Posted by 1TZ JENN
Rich im far from denial, i accept what hes done I just dont understand his motive. but you can label me how ever you like.
No labels, no judgement. Just understanding the process helps get through tough times since everyone goes through something similar at some point in their lives. Thought I'd post up the info for everyone's benefit.

There are 3 people that I have told that they will no longer be a part of my life, and have moved forward. In some circumstances, making a clean break in a past relationship is best.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:59 AM
superuser

TIMES-DISPATCH
Jun 12, 2004

A Henrico County man accused of fatally beating his father and stepmother last week was arrested in Jacksonville, Fla., yesterday after police said he jumped from the top of his speeding car.

Adam Russell Baumann, 21, was trying to jump onto a police car that was pursuing him. But he missed, hit the pavement and rolled into a grassy, hilly median that separates the north- and southbound lanes of Interstate 295, the beltway around Jacksonville, police told The Florida Times-Union.

Baumann apparently was not seriously injured. A Times-Union reporter said Baumann could have "walked away" from the fall. Baumann was taken to Shands Jacksonville Medical Center, where he was reported in fair condition last night.

Henrico County police had sought Baumann since last weekend, when they obtained first-degree murder warrants against him in the slayings of Russell Baumann, 61, and his wife, Diana Baumann, 58.

Police told the Times-Union they believe Adam Baumann was trying to commit suicide when he climbed through the sunroof of the 1999 Lincoln Continental, the same car taken last week from his family's Glen Allen home.

Reached last night, Fred Baumann, Russell Baumann's younger brother, said he had feared his nephew might try to harm himself if cornered by police.

"That was one of the concerns that his mother and I both had, if [the charges against him] were true," Fred Baumann said from his Albany, N.Y., home.

The 24-minute chase reached speeds of 120 mph, police told the Times-Union, but it was unclear how fast Baumann's car was traveling when he jumped.

After Baumann jumped, the northbound Lincoln veered across the grassy median as if it were heading toward the southbound lanes, but it suddenly turned back and headed toward the northbound lanes before slowing to a stop, according to the Times-Union. Miraculously, the car didn't crash or collide with any objects, the paper reported.

Police found the bodies of Russell and Diana Baumann on June 4 inside the family's home in the 10700 block of Brookley Road, less than a block from the Glen Allen Community Center. Both died from blunt-force trauma to the head.

Investigators found a baseball bat and a hammer, both with red stains, in the house near the bodies, along with a pipe and a couple of knives, according to court documents. Police said they believe both victims' heads had been covered with black trash bags, although only one was still covered when police entered.

Police have not offered a possible motive for the slayings, but family members said Adam Baumann had spiraled out of control in recent years, primarily from heavy drug use. Family members said he frequently used crack cocaine and stole money, jewelry and other items from his parents and stepmother, largely to support his drug habit.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:41 PM
Grrrr...

Y2K Z24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Man it must really suck to fail at a suicide attempt.