Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Im tired of exhaust tickets, I know you are, what can we do!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 05:11 PM
03 evo 8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98
Default Im tired of exhaust tickets, I know you are, what can we do!!!

I dont know about you guys but im tired of having to worry about my exhaust every time i take my evo out. Again, tonight i got another ticket!!! Does anyone know what the EXACT law states, every officer tells me someting different!!! Almost every ticket i have ever had has been exhaust. There needs to atleast be a concrete law for this, and not just leave it up to the officer to tell how loud it is. what may be loud to one cop may not be so bad to another! In the end its taking the power from the judge. He should be the only person to weigh the options, not an officer. An officer will issue a summons to court to see a judge...that should be where it is decided if a exhaust is too loud or not. Or... they need decible meters. The law will state that if an exhaust is over X decibles its illegal. They have a tint meter...why not an exhaust meter?!?! You cant honestly tell me that my car is louder than a harley, or any other bike for that matter!!! Even the loudest civic is no louder than a simi truck, or if you really think about it how loud is a train. One officer told me its a distraction...ok well how distracting is your blue lights, or a good looking girl walking down the street, or even another nice car. I can think of 10 things more distracting IN my car than outside it, radio, cellphone, ect, ect, just to name a few. I just think there is something that can be done. Anyone have any ideas where to start?
Old 09-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Its Lightish Red

JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab
Default Re: Im tired of exhaust tickets, I know you are, what can we do!!!

There is an exact law. You are illegal. If you are sick of tickets then put a factory exhaust back on the car. If you dont want to then shut up and pay the tickets.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:20 PM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

and why did you post this in multiple sections?
Old 09-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Works on MBs

BigandSlow is on a distinguished road

GET THAT WORD OUT!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 05:27 PM
03 evo 8

brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98

i thought someone would know what to do and where to start to get this changed. i dont have an exhauts bceause "sounds cool" i have it for performance gains., i would love to put on a stock sounding 3" turbo back.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Works on MBs

BigandSlow is on a distinguished road

What is your exhaust setup right now?
Old 09-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Registered member

DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus

ibtl, op is a tard
/
Old 09-11-2008, 05:33 PM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

Originally Posted by brianeclipse98
i thought someone would know what to do and where to start to get this changed. i dont have an exhauts bceause "sounds cool" i have it for performance gains., i would love to put on a stock sounding 3" turbo back.
then get one.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:50 PM
03 evo 8

no one make a 3" turbo exhaust that sounds anywhere near stock. you could just throw a few resanators in there but if you do that your losing the performance gain, might as well go back to stock.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:53 PM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Originally Posted by brianeclipse98
no one make a 3" turbo exhaust that sounds anywhere near stock. you could just throw a few resanators in there but if you do that your losing the performance gain, might as well go back to stock.
then go back to stock.

Quick Reply: Im tired of exhaust tickets, I know you are, what can we do!!!