Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I love Pep Boys on Midlothian

Old 08-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Slow as Shit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default I love Pep Boys on Midlothian

They tell a customer with a Grand Voyager minivan that wants an AC conversion kit to R134 that Haley Toyota specializes in this..lol.

Of course Low Tech1 transfers to my number and i get the guy.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:21 AM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS
Default Re: I love Pep Boys on Midlothian

sounds like somebody got tired of dealing with a problem customer...

i can see why they would pawn him off, some shithead was in front of me at autozone and he had to call the fucking dealership using autozone's phone to ask if he could run 10w-30 instead of 5w-30 in his camry.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

One of the guys that worked with us just left us to go over there. I'm going to miss him. He was one of our best techs.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:58 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by Rally Red 98
sounds like somebody got tired of dealing with a problem customer...
+1

There are a few guys in that parts dept that are really top notch and know their stuff. Never dealt with the service side before, am sure it's hit and miss just like every other place.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I see it often too. Yesterday I had a guy that stated he didnt want a synthetic oil change, yet he requested one and signed the r/o with the price clearly on it.

He told us that I said it would be 35.95 with a 15 dollar discount equalling 19.95. I said 1 the math is wrong so no way I told you that and two I told him it was 65 bucks minure the 15 bucks for the discount
Old 08-01-2006, 10:07 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Yesterday I had a guy that stated he didnt want a synthetic oil change, yet he requested one...
???
Old 08-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Slow as Shit

Originally Posted by Not Stock
???
It is called trying to get something for cheap by arguing the fact you never asked for it when not only you did, you signed the request for it with pricing. Very common from time to time in this industry.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Nic
Patron

Originally Posted by Woodrow
It is called trying to get something for cheap by arguing the fact you never asked for it when not only you did, you signed the request for it with pricing. Very common from time to time in this industry.
Yep. I had a guy yesterday sign a work order authorizing 4 tires and an alignment, and then after the fact, when I went to collect his money, he said he didn't want the alignment and openly admitted that he never read what he was signing and wanted the alignment that had already been done taken off his ticket.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:59 AM
superuser

Ah, okay. He signed a paperwork request THEN denied wanting it. Nic, did you grab a 5 lb sledge and offer to whack it back out of alignment?
Old 08-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Nic
Patron

He tried to use the alignment printout, which was plastered with readings in the red, to try to tell me that he didn't need the alignment in the first place. Nevermind the fact that his toe and camber were off at all 4 corners.

Quick Reply: I love Pep Boys on Midlothian