Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Historic/scenic parts of Richmond

Old 12-24-2011, 07:02 AM
ATGATT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike
Default Historic/scenic parts of Richmond

Hoping one of you Richmond people can help me out. What are the scenic/historic/photogenic parts of Richmond? Is there much? I'm debating a day trip out to Belle Isle and then Richmond proper.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:04 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Historic/scenic parts of Richmond

Belle Isle is always nice. Drive down Monument Ave, Cary St, and by the flood wall near the elevated railroad tracks to Bottoms Up Pizza. Nice photo op place near the parking for Belle Isle and some side streets in the tobacco district.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:11 AM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

When you say photo op, just to make sure we're on the same page, I'm looking for places that are themselves photogenic (I'm thinking especially in terms of stuff we don't have in the 757, i.e. an actual city with old buildings, especially tightly packed one), not to take a photo of my car (am in a loaner Ford Fiesta).

I've never actually been to Richmond, except for the Convention Center which is in an decidedly unphotogenic area.

Last edited by marlinspike; 12-24-2011 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:57 AM
TonzAGunz

Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88

Chimborazo Park is nice where it overlooks the city. Libbie Hill park as well. From Oregon Hill(like the end of Pine Street) there is an awesome view of part of the river and belle isle and the city. Hollywood Cemetary has some pretty cool spots for pics too

oh yeah, and rocketts landing/fulton area has a few nice spots where you can shoot up the river at the city
Old 12-24-2011, 08:27 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Libbie Hill park and that surrounding area have very old homes and buildings. Monument ave has pretty cool monuments just past VCU. Belle Isle is cool, although theres only a few decrepit buildings on the island still.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:19 AM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

Tons and ton's of places to take pics here, id suggest shockoe bottom, monument ave, belle isle, church hill, canal walk,

Ill post a few pics, but im not a photographer..

This is shockoe bottom, these two pics aren't the best but from the vantage point.

taken off the net belle isle.. check out this and search flikr for more placeshttp://www.flickr.com/photos/16633360@N08/
Old 12-24-2011, 10:48 AM
ATGATT

I thought Church Hill is a bad neighborhood?
Old 12-24-2011, 10:53 AM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

Originally Posted by marlinspike
Depends on what section you go to. You should have no worries, its pretty safe.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:01 AM
TonzAGunz

Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88

Originally Posted by marlinspike
Church Hill is iffy. use your head and dont walk into an area where there are a bunch of sketch dudes standing on a corner and youll be fine. as far as the places to take pictures are concerned, youre not gonna get fucked with in those open areas
Old 12-24-2011, 11:24 AM
liquor&cheeseburgers

Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy

If the part of church hill you're in looks bad, it probably is. Definitely check out hollywood cemetery.

Quick Reply: Historic/scenic parts of Richmond