Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Help me pick a ride

Old 07-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Arm
WTF is Photoshop!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the rough
Default Help me pick a ride

Hey everyone, i need your oppinion on what I should do about a first car.

i REALLY want an srt-4, but i cant afford the insurance, unless my mom finances it and i pay her the car and insurance money every month. But then it wont actually be my car, even if im paying for it. I really have my heart set on one, but Im scared it might get wrecked because I dont have alot of expirence driving. Whats your oppion? I want one so bad!

I could get an older model mustang GT, and afford the insurance which is cool also

There is a sweet blue durango down the road for only 4 grand, its really sweet too. It'd be good in the winter and moving etc.

<flamesuit> Whats the fastest type of eclipse? I think they look really nice with black rims, dark paint, tint etc. Whats the fastest model out in the older style, like the 97 body style? How much money would it take to get that thing in the 13's?</flamesuit>

I'd prefer to get a stickshift so I can learn it pretty well by the way, any suggestions? I need something I can learn how to mod with, how shit works and if I break it, no big deal.

OR should i keep trying for the srt-4!?

thanks
Old 07-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

ANIGAV inc. has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help me pick a ride

..call me a hater if you want...but srt-4's are WHACK.....pimp the durango is you can afford gas....and an eclipse gsx is awd turbo....ok. good luck
Old 07-02-2004, 02:06 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Arm

<flamesuit> Whats the fastest type of eclipse? I think they look really nice with black rims, dark paint, tint etc. Whats the fastest model out in the older style, like the 97 body style? How much money would it take to get that thing in the 13's?</flamesuit>
2000+ = GTS is the fastest, not very fast, but a nice car, problems being it's FWD and heavy, and not very capable without a LOT of money.. just not a good chassis to build if you want to go fast

95-99 get an AWD (GSX/TSi AWD) and 13s can be had with intake, full exahaust, BOV, and a boost controller, though you'll have to drive pretty good and know the car well

89-94 get an AWD (GSX/TSi AWD) and go 13s with intake/exhaust/boost controller

great first car, jsut be careful, and there's a good possibility it'll turn you into a mechanic quickly, though you'll be too addicted to it to care.

i vote for the stang or GSX... given any thought to an LT1 or LS1?
Old 07-02-2004, 03:33 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

LS1. To get it into the 13s, just turn the key.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

You move away for 2 months and now you're thinking about buying a neon? Goddammit boy, am I going to have to come to winchester and beat your ass personally?
Old 07-02-2004, 08:05 PM
Big Poppa

hovocx hovocx hovocx

ive got a 2g GSX for sale, $6k, come and get it :P rebuilt engine too
Old 07-03-2004, 07:11 AM
Arm
WTF is Photoshop!?

Arm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the rough

Hey nic, its just a neon....that cockstomps mustangs from a roll and a dig. NEON NATION REPRESENT MOFUCKA! nah seriously, i fucking love them man, they are so tight, and they are quick.

I really like the eclipses, hey havoc, 6 grand? I wish i had the money right now. Now if you can hold it for a few months we got a deal!

To whoever, why do you think srt-4's are whack? Stock on Stock the srt-4 assfucks wrx's and mustang gt's, although the gt's and srt-4 are pretty even. NO seriously, they rock. The durango was nice though, good condition, but the gas might be an issue, i dont know what they get per gallon

the older mustang gt would be pimp, i'd get a red one if i could they look pimp on cobra rims and with tint and good exhaust.

not sure about the price of a cool ls1, or the insurance.

i love 3000gt's, too bad they are a little thick around the waist and slow

oh shit i almost forgot to mention that someone tried to race me already !!!
while i was driving with my mom in a shitty sentra. it was a matrix xrs! nothing happened and those are slow anyways but it was pretty neat. I should have hit the flashers and screamed vtec (how allen taught me jk), oh well, i'll remeber to represent next time

Last edited by Arm; 07-03-2004 at 07:23 AM.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R

just don't buy a maxima. they're slow.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:45 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by Arm
Hey nic, its just a neon....that cockstomps mustangs from a roll and a dig.
I have a video that daniel filmed of me driving that proves otherwise
Old 07-03-2004, 01:23 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Get a car that can corner, since you live so close to Summit Point Raceway.

Personally, save the money that you would spend on a car and instead keep saving for a down payment on a house and spend the extra on the treating women in your life (flowers for no reason, a few extra nice dinners, maybe a day of shopping). Pays back much more than a car ever would.

But hey, that's just my opinion...

Quick Reply: Help me pick a ride